Breast enhancement is too large. When is the best time to have them replaced?

I recently (2 weeks ago) had a breast lift with augmentation. I realize not enough time has passed for the implants to settle and the swelling to go down, but I can already tell I have more enhancement than anticipated. What is the procedure to have these implants removed and replaced with smaller implants? When is the best time to do that? I wanted a more athletic fullness and although my breasts are lovely, they are too large. I am larger than before surgery when I wore a 34DD (on very saggy breasts)

Going smaller.

Hello Baby58. You let your surgery results mature longer as there is still a good chance that you will like them when the swelling goes down. As you can see, bigger isn't always better. At 6 months, you can contemplate having another surgery to get smaller breast implants. Best, Dr. ALDO.

Changing implants

Waiting 6 months will give your body time to recover from surgery and also give you a better idea what the final result looks like.  This can assist you when selecting a different implant size, or perhaps you'll find you are happy with what you have.  Best wishes.

Camille Cash, MD

Breast implants too large

I recommend that you wait a minimum of 6 months to allow the healing process to ensure and for the implants to settle in their pockets . If at that point ,you still feel the inplants are too large ,then you could could discuss the option of a different size impnat with your surgeon.

Michael H. Wojtanowski, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Changing breast implant size after augmentation.

I would strongly advise against any revisional surgery for six months. Many patients think there too large in the early aftermath of the breast augmentation but by the time a few months pass feel they are the right size or perhaps even small.

Implants replacement

Hi... thank you for the question... at least 6 moths after the surgery is the estimated time for a replacement.

Luis A. Mejia, MD

Changing implant size

As you have mentioned, it is still very early to get a sense of your final breast size and shape.  However, after several months have passed, if you are still dissatisfied with the result, you could speak to your surgeon about the timing of further surgery.

I am sorry to hear about your concerns but (as you know) it is still too early to evaluate the long-term outcome of the procedure performed. In my practice, I find that it takes at least three months for patients to physically/"psychologically" (body image) to adapt to the body change achieved with breast surgery. You will be best off waiting at least three-six months.  There are no absolute rules when it is "safe" to return to the operating;  therefore, this timing is individualized based on a specific patient's circumstances.

Keep in mind, that if you are displeased with the results of the breast augmentation/lifting surgery, that additional surgery may or may not involve additional skin removal (revisionary mastopexy surgery).  In other words, downsizing of breast implants may or may not suffice to achieve your goals.

Therefore, when it comes time to determining the type of operation that will  best achieve your goals, it will be important for you to COMMUNICATE your goals carefully with your plastic surgeon so that, working together, you will come up with the best operation to do so.

Best wishes for an outcome that you will be pleased with long-term.

Breast Implants Too Large 2 Weeks Post Augmentation With Lift - When Should I Redo?

You may in fact be absolutely correct that the implants, and therefore the breasts, are too large for your body.  However, there is no way of your knowing whether what you are seeing at this point is overly large implants or just swelling.

Having both a breast lift and augmentation can lead to a great deal of swelling and a perception that the breasts and/or implants are too large.  Higher breasts tend to look bigger as women look down at them instead of looking into a mirror.  Also, the discomfort one feels from the recently operated on breasts increases the negativity towards the new breasts.

All of the above feelings tend to lead to the "bobbie blues" and the desire to change them and/or to remove them.  This is a natural post operative phenomenon WHICH WILL PASS.
I am sure you chose your plastic surgeon based on excellent criteria.  At this point, it is appropriate to give yourself, your plastic surgeon, and your breasts a break.  Wait three months.  If you still want smaller implants, then go for it.