Had Botox & Fortelis to lift droopy corners of mouth. Will large lumps reduce throughout recovery period (temp swelling)?(Photo)

48 hours post-procedure and pleased to see that it has lifted the corners of my mouth considerably. From face-on view it's a big improvement. However in my profile it appears as a lump below my lip on either side, and feels like a marble to the touch. Not concerned about bruising as I know it's normal and temp. Am wondering if appearance of lumpy contour to my profile is also temp, ie swelling. Can I expect it to reduce during recovery period? I've contacted my plastic surgeon and await reply.

Had Botox & Fortelis to lift droopy corners of mouth. Will large lumps reduce throughout recovery period (temp swelling)?

Hyaluronic acid (Fortelis, Juvederm etc) eventually resolves. Massaging the areas that have been injected with Fortelis will improve lumpiness. If you continue having unsightly lumps you should follow up with your provider for further evaluation and management.

Katy General Surgeon