Alopecia areata / universalis 9 months to see a dermatologist. Any suggestions?

I have a 2" circle of hair missing on the top of my head. I am also missing 2" x 4" of hair from base of neck center to my ear on one side. I am on Clobetasol and am seeing some improvement on the top of my head. Not sure about the nape. I also have missing arm and armpit hair. Have an appt with a dermatologist, but can't be seen for 9 months. Can this delay cause permanent hair loss? Willing to travel to different province if required.

Waiting ... does it affect outcomes in AA?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Waiting does not usually affect outcomes in alopecia areata in the first 12-16 months. Seeing a dermatologist is the right step. The dermatologist will review your story and examine your scalp and discuss the best "next steps" for you.Options for treatment include:1. steroid injections2. Diphencyprone3. Anthralin4. Prednisone5. MethotrexateAll patients with alopecia areata should get blood tests. In our Vancouver alopecia areata program, I generally advise blood tests for CBC, TSH, ESR, free T4, vitamin B12, Ferritin. I often do baseline celiac testing in children. 

Vancouver Dermatologist