25 Years Old / 5'3 / 115lbs / AA Boobs - What would give the most natural result? (photos)

I currently have fairly non-existant AA boobs, hoping to increase to a full B or small C with silicone implants. I'm currently 5'3 and 115lbs. Just wondering what size and implant would appear the most natural on my body shape and size? What things, if anything, do I have to be worried about starting off with minimal breast tissue?

Most natural result

You have very little breast tissue and therefore very little natural shape.  Your final result will be dominated by the shape of the implant since your natural tissue will do little to give you shape.  Unless you want a round, augmented look I would recommend a shaped anatomical implant.  That type of implant would give you a natural shape.  The exact size and shape would be determined by your measurements.

Breast Augmentation Options

Thank you for the question and photos. For a natural look, you would probably do well with a moderate projection implant placed under the muscle. The exact sizes and volumes which will fit you proportionately depend on your specific breast and chest measurements. I recommend that you visit with a board certified Plastic Surgeon in person to discuss your goals and try on implant sizers.
All the best

25 Years Old / 5'3 / 115lbs / AA Boobs - What would give the most natural result?

Thank you for your question. I would recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation. This way, you can explain your concerns and find an option that fits your desires. An in-person assessment is always best.  Regards,

Martin Jugenburg, MD

'Natural' Breast Augmentation

Hello,The answer to your question is the same regardless of your current breast size, but is even more crucial for those that have very little to begin with: the smallest implants possible. In addition, one could argue that the use of form stable, anatomically shaped implant would give an even more natural appearance as well.Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation to B-C

Hello and thanks for your photosWith small breasts and a thin, athletic looking body like yours, cohesive silicone gel implants are often the best choice. When a woman has minimal breast tissue, implant size and placement are very important. While implants on top of muscle are a nice option for many women, you may not have enough tissue to conceal the implant edges and may want to consider placement under the pectoralis muscle. In terms of size, it's helpful to try on sizers and to look at wish photos with your surgeon. I would suggest staying moderate with your implant size so that you get a natural look - you may not need more than about 275-300cc, depending upon your goals. It's important to be examined in person by an experienced plastic surgeon, and at your consultation you'll be able to get some specific recommendations tailored to your body and your goals.Best wishes-

Breast implants

Consider silicone cohesive inspira gel by Allergan using the SRF implant. It should be placed under the muscle in the late 200s.

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS

What would give the most natural result?

• Good questions. Much of the final look and feel achieved after breast augmentation surgery depends on several factors:

• 1. The initial shape, size (volume of breast tissue), symmetry of the patient's breasts. In general, the better the preoperative breast appearance the more likely the breast augmentation “look” will be optimal. 
  • 2. The experience/skill level of the surgeon is important in determining the final outcome. For example, the accurate and gentle dissection of the breast implant pockets are critical in producing long-term well-placed breast implants. Careful measurements (dimensional planning) and careful selection of breast implant size/profile are part of the surgeon's  responsibilities.
  • I personally think that these 2 factors are more important than any others, including type (saline or silicone) or model (low/moderate/high profile) of implant.
  • 3. The type of implant used may determine the final outcome, especially if the patient does not have significant covering breast or adipose tissue. For example, some surgeons feel that silicone implants have a more natural look and feel than saline implants because silicone gel has a texture that is similar to breast tissue. In other words, if a patient has very low body fat and/or very little breast tissue, the silicone gel implants may provide a more "natural" result.
  • 4. The size and model of breast implant used may make a significant difference in the final outcome. Therefore, it is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon. In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “full B, small C cup” etc.

• Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.

• I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to breast augmentation concerns), helps. Best wishes.

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question. The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision. Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness). Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion. Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume. These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak. During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon