I'm 10 days post artas frontal hairline restoration with 1218 grafts. How does the donor/recipient look? (Photo)

Got a fue artas hairline restoration done 10 days ago scabbing is starting to fall off and noticing some hairs with tiny black bulb at the end was wondering if this is an actual graft or just the shaft of the hair see pictures. Please inform me whether or not these are grafts and also how you think the grafts were placed and if the work is proper see attached photos 1218grafts in front hairline

10 day post op review.

Congratulations on your hair restoration. I'm sure you will be very pleased. It appears everything looks as anticipated based on the photos. At 8 days I recommend patients wash hair normally. To help the scabs, I recommend soaking your head in a tub or standing under the shower water stream for 10 minutes and gently massaging your scalp to remove the scabs.

Overland Park Phlebologist

Everything seems normal

Everything seems normal for the time period that you carry from your surgery , you need wash more often your recipient area in order to facilitate the fall of the scabs

Hector Garcia, MD
Colombia Plastic Surgeon

10 days post op

This looks like a normal hair shedding post op.  However you have a lot of scabbing which means that you likely have not been washing enough.  I would recommend to discuss with your doctor the washing protocol and make sure you are doing it as they instructed.

Amir Yazdan, MD
Irvine Hair Restoration Surgeon

It is impossible to tell how your surgery went or how it will turn out with photos. You will not see results for 6 to 12 months

It is impossible to tell how your surgery went or how it will turn out with photos. You will not see results for 6 to 12 months.  It looks standards (as you had surgery) from photos.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Everything looks fine

When you have a hair transplant you're suddenly hyper-aware of every little thing that happens and this is completely normal. What you have shown us in your photos is normal and looks unremarkable in that this is what many patients can expect. When you see a hair that has shed at this stage it is usually the start of a more aggressive shed of the transplanted hairs. The remaining scabs that you see can be removed by using pure vitamin E oil which will help them to lift up on their own. Ultimately you should be addressing these questions to your specific doctor as they know your case best and are more qualified to give you the answers you seek. 

Bernardino Arocha, MD
Houston Hair Restoration Surgeon

10 days after ARTAS transplant FUE

You should have washed your hair immediately after the procedure was done so that the crusting that is showing would have been wiped away immediately. An FUE is treated just like a regular hair transplant with regard to the recipient area, but the donor area has open wounds which require daily washing with soap and water. Within 3 days of surgery, you can resume full activities, heavy exercises if you wish. The recipient area requires daily washes as well to keep the recipient area free of crusts. I generally recommend the use of a sponge and supply my patient with a surgical sponge to fill with soapy water and press on the recipient area daily. By repeating this daily, all crusts can be washed off without any fear of losing grafts. IF any crust are present, use a Q tip and dip it into soapy water, and roll it on the crusts and that will lift them off without dislodging them, but never rub them, just roll the Q tip on the recipient crust. I like to see no evidence of any crusting in the recipient area and the crusts from the donor area gone in 7-10 days with daily washing,.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Scabbing at 10 days post ARTAS

At day 10, patients will see scabs and hairs starting to fall. The genetic information to produce a brand new hair was left in the scalp. What you are showing appears to be a normal shed shaft. 

One can't tell from a photo if proper work was done. If the grafts harvested were nice and transection rate (damage rate) of the 1218 grafts was low and the method of putting them back into the scalp was done right, then the result will be nice. 

Based on the simple photo, everything looks great .. congratulations.