Revision - wanting to go from a 425cc high profile to 280cc range with vertical lift? (Photos)

BA 2 years ago & ended up with 425cc with a benelli lift making me a 32DD bra size. 38 years old, 5'8" and 125 lbs. Originally thought I wanted to be in the 300cc range, but doc said I needed to go larger because he only wanted to do benelli lift. I am active and don't mind having scars. Photos of my measurements before 1st BA, boobs before 1st first BA, boobs after BA & also pictures of my "ideal boobs". I want to be small and perky and active! Do not mind having scars to get what I want.

Revision Augmentation Mastopexy

Although I would have encouraged you to have a formal breast lift, I think he executed the Benelli well, probably by over filling your envelope with a large implant. I think a formal lift, asymmetric reduction of tissue, and reduction in implant size can give you a better result than the wish pic of the woman with the lift. If your surgeon isn't a ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeon that specializes in revision breast surgery, you should have a second opinion with a few. This is a complex surgery which is consistently performed well by aforementioned surgeons. Best of luck!

Revision with Verticle Lift?

Unfortunately, your situation is a good example of why a Benelli lift is not a good option for most patients because it provides minimal lift to the breast, and it also tends to flatten the breast. When combined with a larger implant in a mistaken effort to "lift" the breast, it typically results in a widened irregular areola with poor scars as you have experienced. Looking at your photos, I would guess that if you now measured your nipple position you would find that it was as low as, if not lower than it was before your surgery.

The good news is that revising this by downsizing your implant along with a vertical or lollipop type of lift would be a very good way to improve on this situation. A smaller implant will be a better fit to your frame and the vertical lift will do a much better job of lifting and reshaping your breast. Yes, this will require some additional scars, but if done properly, the major overall improve in the appearance of your breast will be worth the extra scar which should heal much better than your current scar.

Revision - wanting to go from a 425cc high profile to 280cc range with vertical lift?

The Benelli lift is a weak lift, and it is difficult to achieve long term control of the areolar size and shape. Because of the weak lift, larger implants may be required to fill out the loose skin. You should be able to get closer to your goal (as shown in your photos) with smaller implants and a stronger and more significant lift, whether an anchor lift or a vertical lift. The more overhang you have, the more skin removal required in a vertical direction (through the incision in the crease under the breast), and thus the more benefit you would achieve with an anchor lift rather than a vertical lift.

Breast lift and implants

Thank you for your detailed photos! Given your "ideal boobs" you may benefit from a lift including a vertical scar as well as exchanging your implants for a smaller size. This would also appear more appropriately proportioned to your body frame and would be closer to the photo options you presented. The good thing is this procedure would still use your existing incisions which also have demonstrated that you scar quite minimally and nice. It is best to have an in-office examination for new measurements to be taken and so that your new nipple position and incisions can be demonstrated to you for a better idea of your final result. Hope this helps!

Johnson C. Lee, MD Plastic Surgery

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Smaller implants and a lift are a great choice!

Hello and thanks for reaching out to us!  Based on your pictures, concerns, and expectations, an implant exchange to smaller implants along with a lift sound like great options! Please seek the expertise of a board certified plastic surgeon who does lots of breast revisions and lifts for patients like yourself for your optimal results.  Best of luck to you!

Dr. Sean Kelishadi

Sean Kelishadi, MD

#breastrevision #Breastimplants

Benellis lifts are always limiting but choosing to go with a bigger implant is something that should be discussed with you.  I see what you are mentioning in the photos.  A vertical lollipop lift would have been my recommendation from the beginning, but its totally fine to downsize now and get the lollipop lift. I would stay away from anchor type pattern lifts (Old School Surgeon Technique) as they tend to flatten the breast and make a boxy appearance. Aggressive scar management on your skin type would likely yield virtually invisible scars after the lift as well.

Would love to consult and determine your goals in office if you need more information.

Feel free to call or email us if you have any further questions.

Dr. Daniel Barrett
Barrett Plastic Surgery
9735 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 216
Beverly Hills, CA 90212

Daniel Barrett, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Implant downsizing and lift

Your aesthetic and solution are right on. Whether a vertical or a limited T incision is needed would have to be determined but the results should be excellent.

You will also be pleasantly surprised by the ease of your recovery. The muscle will not need manipulation and the post operative pain should be minimal.

Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in revisional breast surgery.

Good luck and I hope this was helpful.

Robert W. Kessler, MD, FACS
Corona Del Mar Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift revision

You are absolutely correct; avoid the Benelli lift which is associated with suboptimal lift and poor areola scars; you should get the vertical mastopexy lift technique and downsize your implant. Please see photos below.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Breast Revision

It sounds like you are on the tight track with your goal of smaller and more lifted breasts as a more suitable state for your active lifestyle. Realistically you are not going to be able to get a breast with no overhang as seen in your goal photos, that is not consistent with your anatomy, which differs from that of the photographed patient, but that is not to say you can't have a breast better suited to you. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Down sizing with lift

You are an excellent candidate for a full mastopexy and Breast implant reduction in size. An anchor scar is necessary for complete skin excision with tightening of the fold as well

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS