My doctor said I need a possible lift. Can I get a breast aug without the lift? And one inverted nipple? (Photo)

With there be a problem of getting a breast augmentation without the lift I'm looking for more natural look and I don't want to lollipop cut also I have one nipple inverted and is getting 800 or 900 mL too big for a breast augmentation without a lift?

Breast lift and implants, please stage them especially if you are going BIG

Your photo shows the need for a lift. No doubt about it. If the surgeon you saw said a "possible" lift, I wonder if maybe they aren't a real PS and don't know how to do lifts so they steer you away from what they don't know how to do. 

Also, if you are going very big with implants, it is really wise to separate the 2 procedures because the stretching of the implants and the tightening of the lift can get into major healing conflicts. There have been at least 2 patients here on RS in the last month with dead nipples and dead breast skin when combining large implants and lifts in one procedure.

For you, you could do the implants first and see if you are happy without the lift. Chances are, you will have a Snoopy nose deformity and won't like it. BUT, if you don't mind it too much you could hold off on the lift. If you decide to do the lift, a wait of 4 months between the surgeries is usually sufficient.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Lift

No, you will definitely need a lift, otherwise you will have a "rock-in-a-sock" deformity.  The implant selection should be based on a combination of your desired size, soft tissue dynamics, breast base diameter and skin elasticity.  I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with.   Finally, make sure your surgeon is a Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS), a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgery (ASPS) and the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS).
Dr. Desai
Beverly Hills Institute for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Lift

Dr. Desai

Need a lift

Your breasts are very saggy and big already.  You need a lift.  Your nipples are pointing down.  Going so large with very saggy breasts will lead to larger saggy breasts.  Best you do the right operation or you will not be happy. 

Need a lift

Breast Lift

Hello, Thank you for your question and photos. Looking at your pictures I can definitely determine that you need a Breast Lift. Any Doctor that would suggest a 'possible breast lift' may not be the Doctor you would want to do the Surgery. With a experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon your results can be amazing. I would consult with a few different Board Certified Plastic Surgeons to determine which approach you like best, however, I would like to confirm that you do indeed need a breast lift!

We wish you the best of luck!

Breast Lift

We wish you the best of luck!

Aug but no lift ?

NO, performing a BA without a lift would be totally inappropriate. Conversely, you could consider having a lift but no BA if your overall size is  good.

Don Fontana, MD
Waldorf Plastic Surgeon

Aug but no lift ?

Don Fontana, MD
Waldorf Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation and lift

Thanks for your question. Breast implants will only address the issue of adding or restoring volume. If you were to only just have implants placed in without a lift or mastopexy the weight of them may cause the breasts to droop further, despite them being placed under the muscle. You may end up less than satisfied and most likely require an additional surgery. Based on your photos it appears you have some ptosis (drooping) of the breast and you would benefit from a lift in conjunction with an implant. There are a few different lift techniques benelli, lollipop or anchor incision. I recommend an in person consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to address a cosmetic treatment plan that suits your individual needs in order to achieve the best outcome.

Breast augmentation and lift

Can I get a breast aug without the lift?

thanks for your question

By the photo displayed you can determine if you need breast lift, however the volume of your breasts will depend on the expectations you want to achieve and the indications of the plastic surgeon you prefer. Make an appointment with a certified plastic surgeon and make a medical evaluation.

Always to serve you I wish you good luck !

Dr. Manuel ventura 

Certified, Plastic Surgery, Ivo Pitanguy Institute, Rio de Janeiro.

Residency:  Cirurgia Plástica, São Paulo.

Manuel Ventura Gonzalez, MD

thanks for your question

Dr. Manuel ventura 

Manuel Ventura Gonzalez, MD

Lift

Thank you for reaching out and sharing a photo. From your photo, it definitely seems you will need a lift. It will give you the best result. Keep in mind that most scars will fade out over time and not be very noticeable. I would suggest you go on a few more in person consultations with experienced board certified surgeons to be sure you find a surgeon that will be honest and give you a result you will LOVE! Best of luck! Dr. Kim

Daniel B. Kim, MD

Lift

Daniel B. Kim, MD

Breast augmentation +/- breast lift

Dear HAMSTERFACE,

determining whether you need simply a breast augmentation versus a breast lift can be somewhat complicated. It depends on a number of factors including skin laxity and current nipple position. Generally speaking, if the nipples are lower than the inframammary line the patient will most likely need a breast lift. If the nipples are at or above the inframammary line we can generally get by with just a breast augmentation depending on the size of the implant the patient wants. I often still using implant when I perform a breast lift because it provides more upper breast fullness after the lift. To be sure a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon will help determine what the patient actually needs.

Daniel Barrett, MD, MHA, MS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Member, Am. Society of Plastic Surgery

Breast augmentation +/- breast lift

Dear HAMSTERFACE,

Daniel Barrett, MD, MHA, MS 

Member, Am. Society of Plastic Surgery

Sometimes a Breast Lift is Necessary to Give you a Great Look! #breastlift #breastaugmentation

• Your photo demonstrates a lot of breast ptosis (sagginess) with your nipples pointing towards the floor.
  • If you don't have a lift, and you undergo breast augmentation only, the implants will sit higher up on  your chest wall, and your native breast tissue will appear to be falling off of the implants. 
  • Therefore, definitely meet with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss breast lift and augmentation together.   
  • Thanks for sharing!

• Thanks for sharing!