Can you ask your doctor for a double break nose?

I still want my colmunella and don't want to much of a lifted nose. I want a very slight slope, shorter nose, but with the colmunella (double break) still there... I want to keep my ethnicity intact..

Double break nose

Thank you for your question.  I think it is important for a patient to maintain ethnicity of the nose, but I am not really sure what you are referring to with a double break nose.  So, I would suggest going in for an in-person consultation with a Board Certified Plastic surgeon and really explain what you are looking for in your rhinoplasty.  They will be able to tell you more accurately if it is achievable and the best method to get you there.  Best of luck. 

Rhinoplasty and getting the results YOU want.

Rhinoplasty and getting the results YOU want. yes your goals can be achieved IF you select ab experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does natural noses that u like and listens to your goals and not his. 

Dear roselieYou can certainly discuss the details of your preference for your rhinoplasty results with your surgeon and most likely he or she can deliver the above mentioned results you want. digital imaging is an excellent adjunct to make sure you have good communication with your surgeon in term of what you mean by a double break.

Afshin Parhiscar, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

RHINOPLASTY CANDIDATE

Dear roselie, During the consultation process you will discuss with the consulting surgeon the exact changes that you want to have done to your nose. You can have imaging performed at that time to show you the proposed changes and make sure the imaging shows the desired results. Then review the surgeons before and after photographs to ensure natural looking ethnic rhinoplasty results. In the video above you will see an ethnic rhinoplasty reveal and the link below for ethnic rhinoplasty will show you many other examples of results keeping the patients ethnicity intact while enhancing their overall facial aesthetics. The varying refinements to these noses are based on the patients personal preferences which you can discuss with your surgeon. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Can I Ask My Doctor for Specific Changes with My Rhinoplasty Surgery

Of coarse you can ask for specific changes to your nose. It is very important that the surgeon and patient are clear about the options and goals of of the operation. I cannot respond to your specific question without seeing pictures; however this is something your surgeon will discuss with you.  

Rhinoplasty candidate

A full set of photographs are required of the nose to make a determination about what can and cannot be accomplished. A double break in the columella may be possible, but only depends on pre-existing anatomy. The dorsal hump can be shaved down, the nose made shorter, and a hanging columella can be reduced. Thick skin in the tip of the nose will be an impediment to seeing significant refinement in that area, especially in ethnic noses. For many rhinoplasty before and after, please see the link and the video below.