Male breast lipo after 3 months, still swollen

after 3 months of my Breast lipo still the right breast is more swollen , is it going to continue like this , A'm I going to need a re-do in this part? my surgeon says it's normal and it will resolve with time! but I'm worried

Gynecomastia surgery: swelling postop

The healing process after surgery can take up to six months. It is difficult to determine final results before this time. Swelling should start to subside by three months but some cases can last longer. I would recommend scheduling a follow-up examination with your surgeon at six months and you'll be able to determine then if they revision surgery is necessary. 

You need to wait

It takes about six months or more for the final liposuction results to be apparent.Please wait for another three months before a conclusion can be arrived at.

Anup Dhir, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

Swelling

Thank you for your question.  Although by the three month mark you should see some improvement, it is possible that you still have some swelling.  I suggest that you wait a few more months, following the instructions of your surgeon closely before considering a revision.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Gynecomastia

At three months you still may be a bit swollen. Give it more time to settle and if it is still larger perhaps a revision may be necessary.