I have a protruding upper jaw. Can I still have an upper lip augmentation using filler?

Lip Augmentation with Fillers Such as Juvederm or Restylane

Without photos I cannot advise you on recommendations for treatment. You can have upper lip augmentation with a protruding upper jaw. I suggest consulting with a board certified dermatologist for further evaluation. Best, Dr. Emer

Fillers in lips

Fillers in lips can be used to augment the m even when the jaw protrudes.  Best of luck with your decision to move forward.

Thank you for your question.  Without a series of photographs, or an in-person evaluation, it is difficult to offer definite advice, but in general you should be able to safely have a lip augmentation using a dermal filler. Be sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation.  

Lip Augmentation

Photos would help, but I can't think of any reason why fillers for your lips would be a problem. The advantage of hyaluronic acid, like Juvederm ultra plus, is that it is not permanent, so if you don't like the look, it will go away in 4-6 months. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist to see if you are a candidate. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD