I'm now day 6 after having vaser liposuction on my back and abdomen. How long does the swelling take to go down normally?

Post liposuction Irregularities, Swelling -- Try Massage, Velashape or Venus Legacy With Your Compression

It takes weeks to see the results of liposuction and swelling can last for months. Massage, RF treatments, Venus Legacy and hyperbaric oxygen will drastically reduce swelling. I suggest consulting with your physician if you have concerns, and continue to follow his or her post op protocol. Best, Dr. Emer

#Vaser Hi Definition Liposculpture/ #Liposuction/#Body Contouring with Fat Grafting/ #BBL

I appreciate your question.

Swelling can last anywhere from 3-6 months and possibly up to one year depending on the extent of liposuction performed.  Continue to wear your compression garments and follow your surgeon's post op protocol.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

Swelling after VASER liposuction

Its impossible to tell without knowing the extent of your procedure, your general health and setting for the VASER during the procedure. VASER liposuction has many variables which affect post-operative recovery course.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Cambridge Facial Plastic Surgeon

Takes time

The swelling is works in the first few days and weeks.
Then it continues to go down over time.
Final results will not be seen perhaps for 6 to 9 months.

Swelling Post-Vaser

Vaser liposuction, just as any liposuction, results in tissue injury and, therefore, inflammation and swelling are a natural part of the healing process.  Post-liposuction swelling usually peaks around one to two weeks after surgery and then slowly resolves over several months with complete resolution sometimes taking up to 9 months.