22 year old female suffering from Alopecia and hair fall, how can I solve this problem?

Iam female,22 years old, suffring from alopecia and hair fall ,went to a doctor and he descriped topical minoxidil5% , spironolactone 100mg twice /day. I also take iron,biotin,B12 supplement for 9months but my hail still fall and I really can't solve this problem

22 year old female suffering from Alopecia and hair fall

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Female pattern hair loss or genetic alopecia is the most common reason of hair loss in women and it is more common than it is thought to be. 25% of the women at the ages of 35-40, 50% of the women at the ages above 40 suffer from hair loss. 20% of the women with hair loss have a positive relative who suffered/is suffering from hair loss. Other reasons of hair loss are: Hypo- and hyper-tiroidism (hair loss may be one of the early signs of thyroid dysfunction, and hair loss stops after treatment); polycystic ovarian syndrome (an inherited ovarian disease, seen in 10% of the women during adulthood); pregnancy-related hormonal changes (temporary hair loss which can be seen during pregnancy stops after birth)..

The reason of the hair loss may related with factors other than genetic like connective tissue disorders, stress, anemia, lupus, medications, hormonal and seasonal changes, nutritional problems, severe diets, bulimia, protein/calorie deficiency, zinc and essential amino-acid deficiency, mal-absorption (intestinal and digestive problems), A-vitamin excess, general anesthesia, affective mood disorders.

Drugs that may cause hair loss in woman 

• Anti-coagulants such as warfarin and heparin  
  • Epilepsy drugs, especially dilantin
  • Gout drugs, allopurinol and colchicum
  • Antihypertensive drugs, diuretics, beta blockers.... etc

So you may need to have a full exam with an hair surgeon, internalist and/or endocrinologist to find out any reason for hair loss.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Hair Loss Treatment Basics--Minoxidil, Spironolactone with Progesterone and PRP

This requires an in-person evaluation. I suggest seeing a hair loss expert now to evaluate and go over your condition and provide you information about your best treatment options. There are great non-invasive options like prp/progesterone which work well with Minoxidil and Spironolactone. Hair transplantation is an alternative. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Female hair loos !!

it's a bit hard to know the real reason of your hair loss to give you the solution ,But generally PRP treatment could be very useful in your case more farther we need to see the hair loss type and some other information to see what is the best treatment for your hair loss  .
For personal diagnosis it better to visit a hair specialist doctor or online consultation could be enough .

Mehmet Resat Arpaci, MD
Turkey Hair Restoration Surgeon

What's my diagnosis?

There are so many reasons for hair loss that without knowing your diagnosis, it's hard to say wha is the next best step.  It sounds like AGA is the working diagnosis but more information is needed.

Jeff Donovan, MD, PhD
Vancouver Dermatologist