Post op swelling. Is this normal?

Am about 7 days post op and I stopped taking the pain medication a couple days ago due to the effects it was having on my moods (I have since switched to lesser pain killers like paracetamol). Since I stopped I feel like my breast have gotten bigger from swelling, the surgry bra is defiantly feeling tighter then it was a couple days ago! Is this normal?

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you contact your surgeon to discuss your concerns at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Swelling After Breast Augmentation

Thank you very much for your question and congratulations on your recent breast augmentation. Swelling is normal after a breast augmentation and can last for up to six months. However, you should let your operating surgeon know about this increase in swelling. Contact his/her office for their advice or to schedule an in-person follow-up appointment.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Post-Op Swelling

Always contact your plastic surgeon if you are concerned about infection, bleeding, swelling, fever, bruising, or any other sudden changes that occur during the healing process. Remember that healing can last for several months while you are healing, so it is best to address this issue with your surgeon in a follow-up exam.

HEALING AFTER BREAST SURGERY, AUGMENTATION, LIFTS

1.    pain is variable

2.    it takes 2-3 months for implants to settle and muscles to relax

3.    celebrex, motrin, and muscle relaxers can help

4.    massage and stretching may help

5.    everyone heals differently

6.    4-7 days off from work is common

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Swelling?

Thank you for your question. You are still early in the post-operative period. It typically takes 3 - 6 months for the swelling to subside and and implants to settle into proper position.  Please discuss your concerns with your board certified plastic surgeon. Also, make sure you follow all of your plastic surgeons post-operative instructions regarding level of physical activity and use of a support bra. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.

Post op swelling. Is this normal?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well... Yes, your breasts can be swollen for at least 1 to 3 months after the procedure depending on how your body reacts to the implants and pressure that you can feel after surgery. It is completely normal, they will drop alone and the swelling will go away by it's own.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Swelling, 1 Week Post Op

Sudden changes or an increase in swelling one week post op is unexpected. I recommend that you call your Plastic Surgeon so that they can advise you.

All the best

Swelling

It is normal to have some swelling after surgery, but I would suggest calling your doctor's office and asking to be seen. You want to make sure you do not have a collection of fluid or blood.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Post op swelling

After breast augmentation surgery the swelling should gradually improve each day. If you are 7 days out from surgery and are suddenly having an increase in swelling, you should make an appointment ASAP to see your surgeon to make sure you don't have a collection of blood or fluid building up. Best of luck.

~Dr. Sieber