Can Sculpsure be used on the inner thigh for fat reduction?

SculpSure is not FDA cleared for inner thigh fat reduction but CoolSculpting is

Although the FDA has not cleared SculpSure for inner thigh fat reduction, this does not mean that the company won't submit a request for such in the future, nor does it mean that physicians can only treat FDA indications such as abdominal and flank fat for SculpSure. Off-label usage such as this is legal for physicians but they are taking the responsibility of recommending a safe procedure. As more experience is gathered over the years from this new technology, and as new applicators are designed, more body sites probably will be treated with this technology for fat reduction. CoolSculpting which freezes the fat is FDA cleared for inner thigh fat reduction.

Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

SculpSure on the inner thighs

Since it has not yet been FDA approved for treating the inner thighs, using SculpSure here would be considered "off label". Hope this helps.

SculpSure on the inner thighs

SculpSure for Inner Thighs

SculpSure is currently available for use on the inner thighs as an "off label" indication for the FDA.  The company in actively pursing FDA approval for use in these areas and we expect it rather soon.  I think the inner thighs are one of the ideal locations for SculpSure as a gentle fat removal.  Heating the tissue and the skin should produce a really nice result.  Liposuction in the inner thighs can sometimes be complicated by rippling of skin and this post-operative problem should be greatly reduced by even application of heat using the SculpSure. 

SculpSure for Inner Thighs

SculpSure

Thank you for your question. Yes, SculpSure can be used on the inner thigh for fat reduction. It is very effective as the only FDA-approved laser treatment to eliminate up to 25% of unwanted fat. I suggest that you move forward by consulting with a board certified facial plastic surgeon. 

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure for Inner thighs

Using SculpSure on the inner thighs would be considered an "off label use".  Currently, SculpSure is only FDA cleared for the abdomen and flanks.  However, many providers have used SculpSure on the inner thighs with great success.  I would consult with an experienced provider who can do a thorough evaluation and determine if SculpSure will best meet your needs.

SculpSure for Inner thighs

SculpSure treatment on other areas on the body

In Canada, SculpSure is presently indicated only for flanks and abdomen, but full body approval (i.e. hips, inner thighs, outer thighs, or even the arms) is pending and expected very soon.

I would be cautious and proceed at the discretion of your physician on the safety of treating your inner thighs. 

Sculpsure Inner Thighs

Hello Siouxgirl,

Sculpsure is used "off label" on inner thighs and patients have been very happy with their results. I would recommend setting up a consultation with your Sculpsure provider to see if you are a good candidate. If you are then enjoy your treatment! Best, Dr Faraz

Sculpsure Inner Thighs

Hello Siouxgirl,

Sculpsure on inner thighs

The FDA has approved sculpture for treatment of the abdomen and flanks. Off label uses in other body areas can be performed if the doctor feels improvement will occur. If there is excess fat located in the inner thigh, this should respond very well to fat reduction. 

Sculpsure on inner thighs

SculpSure is currently the best method for non invasive fat reduction

IMHO, SculpSure is the best method for non invasive fat reduction.  It is FDA indicated for only the abdomen and flanks, but "off label" use on the thighs can be performed.

Good Luck!

Good Luck!

SculpSure for Inner Thighs

While SculpSure is only FDA approved to treat the abdomen and flanks, it is also used off-label to very effectively treat other areas, such as the inner thighs. Provided you are a good candidate, which would be determined during the initial consultation, we could treat your inner thighs with an expected 25% improvement following the first treatment, an improvement you can begin to see as early as 6 weeks post treatment. In addition to fat destruction, this laser tightens the skin of the treated area. Patients love this procedure because aside from the obvious benefits of fat loss and skin tightening, it's quick - only 25 minutes long, involves only minimal discomfort and zero downtime!

SculpSure for Inner Thighs