Does anyone bulk up calves with fat injections? Is there such a thing? Thank you for your response in advance! (photo)

I have non existent calves. No matter how much I work out this area I dont get the volume I want. This also makes me look slightly bow-legged since there is a gap where my calves should meet. Calf implants sound painful with a long recovery time. I know you can beef up your rear-end with fat injections. My question is can you inject calves with fat to enhance them. Thank you in advance!

Calf augmentation options

The short answer is "No", fat injections do not reliably augment the calves, at best the results are very short lived and not save your money. 

Other than favorable genetics combined with rigorous consistent exercise, there is no other way to grow the calf muscles besides calf implants. Surgical prices vary by region, surgeon reputation, and surgical experience. However, very few plastic surgeons specialize in this operation so you may have to travel a long distance to one that does. The implants are made of soft semi-solid silicone rubber and placed surgically through a small (3/4 inch) incision in a natural crease behind the knee. All surgery comes with post-operative pain and recovery. For calf implants, the first two weeks after surgery is the most difficult time because walking is painful. Recovery usually progresses at a smooth steady pace from there. Glad to help.

Does anyone bulk up calves with fat injections? Is there such a thing? Thank you for your response in advance!

Hello and thank you for your question!

Although it is possible, injections or fat transfer to the inferior part of the legs and your calves, have a big risk of complications. It is a procedure that is normally not done by most surgeons, because if the complications that it implies. However, it is possible but you need to make sure you are dealing with an expert. There are some surgeons with plenty of experience with this procedure.

Please consult a board certified plastic surgeon for further advice and the best, safest results.

Good luck!

Enriquillo Clime Rivera, MD