I asked you before about my wide nose and you said that it is possible to change. Any suggestions? (photos)

I want it to change totally like even the shape, I guess I need a cartilage to lift it up and make it smaller. I feel embarrassed sometimes :(. Please help me. Thank you

Rhinoplasty to narrow a wide nose

A closed rhinoplasty approach can accomplish narrowing the wide nose with all the incisions placed on the inside of the nose. To narrow the bridge line requires osteotomies. The dorsal hump can be shaved down. Suture techniques and conservative cartilage removal are applied to the lower lateral cartilages of the nasal tip to narrow and refine it. For many examples and more information, please see the link and  video below to our rhinoplasty Photo Gallery

Rhinoplasty Candidate

Dear ra_19, A rhinoplasty will help refine your nose, reduce the width of the bridge and a address the nasal tip allowing a natural looking rhinoplasty that will better balance your facial aesthetics and feminize your overall appearance. A consultation with experts in the field aided with digital imaging will show you the proposed changes. You will also have an opportunity to review many before and after photographs and then make an informed decision. I personally do not think that you need cartilage grafting. When a rhinoplasty is performed properly and all aspects of the nasal aesthetics taken into consideration during the procedure then rarely do I need to use grafting to get the desired result. I have included a link below of rhinoplasty procedures as well as a video above of a similar looking nose to give you an idea of how rewarding rhinoplasty surgery can be especially for young ladies like yourself. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Narrowing My Wide Nose

Your entire nose including the wide bridge, wide asymmetrical tip , and nasal base can be narrowed to give you a smaller more feminine nose. See a rhinoplasty specialist to discuss your surgical goals.

Rhinoplasty

To achieve a recontoured nose the nasal bones can be narrowed, the base can be reduced as well, and if the tip needs to be higher a cartilage graft can be done.

Fred Suess, MD

Changing shape of nose

It looks like you may have thicker skin especially in the lower part of your nose but it is hard to say without seeing you or anyone in person. Thick skin can make shaping the lower part of the nose or tip challenging and may require cartilage grafting or suture techniques to create a more refined type, if that is what you are looking for. Finding a board certified plastic surgeon who understands and listens is critical to a good result! Best of luck, MMT