I Just Had Buttock Implants,do I Have an Infection or is my Wound Open?

Had buttock implants 2 weeks ago. My drains came off 1 day early. Since I had breast augmentation & lift all done at the same time. My Dr. Recommended I sleep on my back. My wound looks like its either opening or infected. I seen him 2 days ago & he said it was normal. He recommended I keep taking anti-biotics & prescribed 7 days of water pills, so I won't retain water. But I'm really scared. Is this normal?

Buttock Implant Post-Op Care

Hello and thank you for the question.

In regards to your question, it is difficult to determine your clinical condition or diagnosis without examining you first-hand.  My recommendation would be to follow your plastic surgeon's advise, follow-up regularly with your plastic surgeon, and notify him of any untoward signs, such as fever/chills, redness of the overlying skin, worsening pain, or new onset or worsening drainage from the wound.

Glenn Vallecillos, M.D., F.A.C.S.

Buttock Implant Post-Op Care

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hello and thank you for the question.

Glenn Vallecillos, M.D., F.A.C.S.