Is it possible to get butt implants large enough to widen my hips at all? (photo)

I want to get round butt implants and was wanting to know if I could get them large enough to make my hips more wide if possible? I am 5'2", 100 lbs. I am trying to gain weight also but I have a hard time keeping the weight on so I do not think fat grafting to the hips is an option for me until I get a little older. I have a nice little round butt already so I know I don't need anything done but I want my butt and hips to stand out more.

Is it possible to get butt implants large enough to widen my hips at all?

Yes, the lateral expanse of the implant can extend laterally and give the illusion of wider hips.

Butt implants

Dear smdobtfo,

Thanks for submitting your pictures. The answer to your question is yes, but it has to be done with the subfascial technique. Not only that, but the pocket has to extend laterally and the implants have to be fixated more lateral to the midline. The best implant to use is the oval round silicone implants that will give you very nice projection and fullness on top and laterally. You have to consult with board certified plastic surgeons who do lots of butt implants surgery and have experience with the subfascial technique. Check the before and after pictures to make sure that you like the results because, as I mentioned before, there are different techniques and different implants shape.

Dr Widder

Buttock Implants and Hip Projection

Generally buttock implants when placed in an intramuscular location do not provide projection in the hip area as they are restricted to where the gluteal muscle is oriented. When buttock implants are placed above the muscle in the subfascial location, they can be placed more to the side which may give some hip projection.

Do buttock implants to widen hips too

Actually, buttock implants do frequently widen the "hips". Round implants tend to be more wide and thus usually widen the hips more than oval implants do. In several instances in which patients choose or fit better into oval implants or do not want/need buttock implants, hip implants can be placed to provide hip augmentation. Glad to help.

Ryan Stanton, MD

When you add butt implants , the projection is not on hips or sides, its projection of the butt. There is a way placing the implants laterally that could improve more your hips...