Will Butt implants effect my ability to do sit ups? (photo)

My job requires me to exercise regularly. have to to a fitness test every six months and Sit ups are one of the areas. Will Butt implants effect my ability to do sit ups and other hard core work outs? I cant see living without exercise.

Work out with butt implants

After 6 weeks you can resume exercising. You will be able to do sit-ups and your butt implants will not affect your ability to perform core exercises.

Will Butt implants affect my ability to do sit ups?

After two months, a return to physical activity is reasonable and situps can be performed.

Why?

Dear Matt3lynn,

Why would you EVER want to mess with that body??? In direct answer to your question... No, buttock implants should not effect your ability to do sit-ups. However, EVERY surgical procedure has risks, especially gluteal implants. I personally would counsel you against having any surgery on that body.

Kenneth R. Francis, MD, FACS

Hard core workout and butt implants

Dear Matt,

Congratulation on a great body. Keep the good work. Complication are rare with butt implants surgery. The most common, though are wound dehiscence and hematoma. To avoid these complications I ask my patients do the followings : wear a buttocks binder for 1 months, avoid laying on their back for 1 month, very light physical activity for 6 weeks followed by moderate activity for additinal 6 weeks. There are no limitation after 3 months due to the stength of the wound healing. So, to accomodate your life syle and be safe, plan your surgery at least 3 month before your fittness test.

Dr Widder

Shlomo Widder, MD
McLean Plastic Surgeon

Buttock Implants and Exercise

Once you have adequately recovered (6 to 8 weeks after surgery) you will be able to return to all physical activities. Having buttock implants does not preclude doing situps later.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Exercise after buttock implants

Most of my patients too are physically active and exercise regularly. I allow my patients to resume full activity and any type of exercise (including sit-ups) 6 weeks after buttock implant surgery. Glad to help.

Ryan Stanton, MD

Gluteal implants do not interfere with exercise

after gluteal implants, I do not recommend working out for at least 6-8 weeks. After that, the implants should not interfere with any types of workout.

Melinda Lirag Lacerna-Kimbrell, MD, FACS
Sarasota Plastic Surgeon