Will Butt Exercises Increase my Butt Size?

I currently am deciding on whether or not to have a bbl. But I want to exercise more to 1 be a good candidate for the procedure & 2 b in shape as well. If I go through with the bbl can I do butt exercises to increase shape without loosing fat in the buttocks?

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us.

A healthy lifestyle is always encouraged and welcomed. This does not however ensure that you will retain more or less fat cells.

In my patients, they can expect between 60-80% of the fat to survive. The survival rate depends both on the genetics of your body and the skill of the surgeon. Post surgery, you should follow the plan laid out to you by your surgeon, and avoid putting pressure on your backside (sitting) when possible.

My recommendation is that you find an ASPS board certified surgeon in your area who specializes in the BBL, and set up an in person consult. An in person consult with an an ASPS board certified surgeon is the only way to determine the best route for your body and your goals.

It is all about designing the perfect plan for You.

Good luck, please let us know how it goes.

-Dr. Constantino Mendieta

Exercising will help tone muscles.

Exercising can help tone the muscles in the buttocks, which will give it a firmer and more lifted shape, squats and lunges done correctly will increase the size of the glutes, and by extension increase the size of the of the buttocks. This may not give the shape, size, or speed of the result desired, but exercises do help. I advise all my patients to perform these exercises, after the procedure. 
In regard to being a good candidate for a butt lift, this procedure is only limited by the amount of excess fat that can be removed from the body and injected into the buttocks. Your doctor will be able to assess whether your body has a sufficient amount of excess fat that would be necessary for this procedure.

Butt Exercises for Increasing Buttock Size!

butt exercies will only firm up the buttock muscles and tend to give you a better perkiness but not a bigger butt.

S. Sean Younai, MD, FACS

Fat for roundness and fullness, not muscles

If you exercise and diet, the fat in your buttocks will reduce and adversely affect your butt shape. You can try building your muscles in the area to improve your shape, but that only does so much. If you want roundness and fullness, you'll need fat. 

Ronald Levine, MD

Will Butt Exercises Increase My Butt Size?

Thanks for your Realself Question, "Will Buttock Exercises Increase My Butt Size?"  Thats a great question.  Doing exercises that increase the volume and strength of the buttock muscle is definitely helpful in shaping the buttock.  The question is really the size and shape you are looking for and whether exercise alone will help you achieve the result you want.  To get an idea of whether exercise will help you achieve the augmentation you are looking for, I suggest getting a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and that way you could get an idea of what exercises you should be doing and what you could expect to achieve with exercise alone and also with a fat transfer buttock augmentation.  Thanks again for your question.

Paul C. Zwiebel, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Gluteal Exercises and BBL

You pose a great question.  Exercises such as squats and lunges will definitely help to firm, tone and tighten the gluteal muscles.  While this may translate into an increase in the size of the buttocks, it might not provide you with the shape, fullness and size that you desire.  A Brazilian butt lift is a very popular procedure that allows your board-certified operating surgeon to remove fat from other areas of the body (abdomen, flanks, inner and outer thighs for example) and purify this fat for injection into the buttocks.  The biggest limitation of a Brazilian butt lift is how much fat that the surgeon has to work with.  After a Brazilian butt lift, I advise my patients to perform gluteal enhancing exercises once it is safe enough to do so.  I would recommend consulting with a board-certified plastic surgeon who specializes in Brazilian butt lift procedures.  Your surgeon would be able to perform a physical exam to determine whether or not you are a good candidate for this procedure, whether you have a sufficient amount of fat to perform the necessary and desired augmentation, and discuss their pre and post-operative protocols.  I hope this helps and good luck! 

Will Butt Workouts Enhance my Results?

The Brazilian Butt Lift utilizes your own natural fat for the augmentation. One of the keys of the fat transfer is that it is incorporated and becomes your fat just in a better place!

The Brazilian Butt Lift has become so popular because it not only enhance your butt, it improves your overall shape.

I would encourage you to do butt workouts or any type of structured exercise. Typically patients that take care of their body and specifically do exercises focused on the buttock tend to enhance their results. These workouts will build your gluteal muscles and thus enhance your natural results.

Whether it is the Brazilian Butt Lift, liposuction or tummy tuck your results will only get better with a healthy diet and structured exercise program.

I hope this helps, be sure to discuss this with your board certified plastic surgeon.

BBL vs exercise

As a bodybuilding competitor myself, and my wife a soon to be PRO figure competitor, I'd have to say I always recommend the exercise route to increase buttock size and shape.  "Glutes" are the rage right now among the women bodybuilding scene.  Its everyone focus.  It takes time, and lot of hard work.  But results are very attainable.  
BBL is a permanent change in distribution of where you gain and lose fat.  Doing lot of butt exercises will enhance the result in combination with BBL, IF body fat is NOT reduced.  When you start losing body fat, you will lose the BBL fat.  But if you gain back your weight, it will come back. 
hope that helps!
Dr M

Rolando Morales Jr, MD

Effect of Butt Exercises on Shape And Size

Thank you for your question. Gluteal exercises will change and enhance the shape of your butt, and there are no problems with continuing to exercise up to the day of surgery.
As for the possibility of losing fat, we forget that the fat grafted into the butt came from another location. That means the transferred fat will behave like the fat from its original location. So if you lose enough weight to cause fat loss from the donor area, you will see some volume loss in your butt as well. Also, the volume loss is from shrinking of the fat cells, not from actually losing the fat cells (fat cell death and removal).
Happy exercising!

Exercise Impacts Buttock Contour

It’s not unusual for patients to be eager to resume normal exercise routines following brazilian butt lift surgery.It’s also not unusual for them to be concerned about how exercise will affect the results of this procedure.
In most cases we recommend that patients avoid strenuous activity for at least eight weeks following surgery.Exercise can impact the results of brazilian butt lift surgery in two significant ways.In some cases, exercise can lead to enlargement of the buttock muscles.This can have a positive affect by improving the contour and muscle tone of the buttock area.In other cases, exercise can result in generalized weight loss. This weight loss is typically proportionate to the weight loss in the surrounding areas.This will ultimately have minimal impact on the contour and aesthetics of the buttock area.
If you have concerns about the impact of exercise on brazilian butt lift surgery, consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon is appropriate. This surgeon should be able to discuss how exercise impacts this procedure and alleviate your concerns.