Had a mastopexy five days ago and everything seems good except I found a patch that is bleeding a little. (photo)

I cleaned with hibiclens and is covered with ABD pad.

Post op recovery

I appreciate your question.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Had a mastopexy five days ago and everything seems good except I found a patch that is bleeding a little.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. I recommend you to apply antibiotic cream to promote healing, and go to your surgeon to see if you will need some stitches, because if it last to heal you probably will need to have it closed.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Post-Op Bleeding of the Wound

The patient will go home in a bra or with only light dressings over the incision lines. Sutures are dissolvable but an ending knot, if present is removed within 1-2 weeks. Initial discomfort is easily controlled with oral medication. Light activities may be started in 7-10 days.

If you are worried at all that your incision may be open and not healing, then it would be best to visit your surgeon to have the area evaluated and make sure whether the area needs to be re-stitched.

Mastopexy concern

You should certainly call your treating plastic surgeon to discuss. However, this just looks like a small opening in the skin which will probably heal all by itself just fine.