I have a somewhat bulbous tip to the end of my nose and would like to possible narrow it. (photos)

What would be your suggestions. Are there several options ??

Rhinoplasty for the bulbous tip

The Bulbous tip can be reduced and refined with a open or closed rhinoplasty procedure.  To reduce the   bulbous tip requires suture techniques and a conservative cartilage removal.  For more information and many examples, please see the video and the link below

Yes, yes , yes...you would do well

From your pictures you look like a great candidate for a rhinoplasty that works on the bulbous tip...an office consultation with imaging would make you feel more certain of the outcome.

Thomas W. Loeb, MD

Tip rhinoplasty

If all you need is correction of the tip, then perhaps a tip rhinoplasty is the right thing for you. Best to be seen in person.

Close rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Bulbous nasal tip

Thank you for your question and photographs.Bulbous nasal tip surgery requires a combination of conservative removal of cartilage and specialized suture techniques.  This can provide powerful refinement of the nasal tip.   Best wishes in your endeavors!   Sincerely,  James Fernau MD, FACS   Member of The Rhinoplasty Society

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Donna1230, I cannot tell  you for sure but I bet that doing your tip only would not be a good idea, your nasal pyramid needs to be addressed. See an experienced specialist that is board certified and one that does "only faces". Look for a lot of good photos on their web site. Search the Internet. Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dealing with the bubous tip

There are special suturing techniques that we use to narrow the bulbous tips, depending on what is causing this condition. You seem to have a short nose with wide nose what can be correct with good potential for success. The nose elongation technique is challenging and you may want to consult someone who does rhinoplasties frequently and has enough experience in the surgery.

Bahman Guyuron, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon