3 wks post op from Lipo/BBL, in severe pain, necrosis & 2nd drain put in 2 weeks after due to seromas. Any suggestion? (photo)

I know that Lipo is a long recovery and I expected some soreness, but the pain is horrible in my abdomen, back and sides. Everything Ive read and the PS who did my surgery (out of state) and the new PS Im seeing at home both say that over the counter meds should be enough for the pain. I drink lots of water, gatorade and pineapple juice. I cant sleep more than 2 hours and I cant be up and moving for long because I get light headed. What can I do???? Every day feels like the day after surgery!

Thank you for your question. I am not a fan of going out of state for cosmetic surgery.  Your experiencing more pain then would be normal for 3 weeks post recovery.  You need to see a surgeon for an examination and close follow ups. Best wishes on a speedy recovery.

Post op pain after liposuction

Make sure you are taking the right dose for pain . Usually over the counter ibuprofen is only 200 mg , i would recommend at least 600 mg every 8 hours , WITH gastric protection ( omeprazol 40 mg daily )

only use the pain meds when really necessary 

use antibiotic ointment on the area of skin damage 

getting light headed is a symptom of low hemoglobin levels : start taking iron , folic acid , vitamin B and vitamin C 

best wishes 

Katherine Feliz Camilo, MD