What is this burning pins and needles feeling I am experiencing? What is happening to make this happen?

I had cool sculpting 7 days ago and on day 5 I started having these feelings above. And the constant pain is kicking my butt. I've tried everything and other than an ice pack nothing works. I'm starting to regret this decision. The last 2 nights have been sleepless and I'm hoping this ends soon. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Burning pain after Coolsculpting

If anti-inflammatories do not help, I would advise you to ask your doctor to try Gabapentin (Neurontin).  I have found this works even in cases were narcotics are not effective.  It seems that the freezing process casus nerve hypersensitivity.  I have not seen it last more than 2 weeks.

Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Pins and Needles after CoolSculpting

Coolsculpting is a great procedure to reduce the bulge of fat in a given area such as the thighs, abdomen, flanks, and love handles.  One rare side effect of treating the abdomen is temporary numbness and tingling.  This side effect generally can take up to two weeks to go away.  

Burning pins and needles pain after CoolSculpting

It is uncommon, but possible, to have the pins and needles burning pain that you describe after the CoolSculpting procedure.  When this occurs, it most commonly happens on the abdomen.  This pain is a type of neuropathic pain that normally can be improved with a specific type of medication.  You should contact the physician who treated you, as he or she should be able to prescribe this medication for you to help.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon