If you do liposuction, is it normal for it to have a buring sensation? (Photo)

Hi about 2 months ago I had liposuction done and still to this day it burns and hurts from inside and out and also the spots are very red is this normal and if not what can I do for the burning and the pain thank yoy

If you do liposuction, is it normal for it to have a burning sensation?

Thank you for your question. Depending what kind of liposuction and how large an area was worked on. I personally use the VASER liposuction technique in most of my cases and treat large areas. I routinely start my patients on Gabapentin or Neurontin 1-2 days prior to surgery and continue them for 3-4 weeks to counteract the burning, itching and shooting pain sensation. I'm not sure how effective it would be 2 months out from surgery, but this should be discussed with your treating surgeon. Good luck.

Post Liposuction Pain- Seek an Expert

Pain is normal but pain and continuous burning out of the ordinary is not so you should speak to your physician. Best, Dr. Emer