How successful are thermiva treatments?

Does Thermiva treat your outer and inner labia? Do you have to return for further treatments every so often ? What are the risks of these treatments?

Success of ThermiVa

Thermiva treatments are highly successful in my experience. ThermiVa can be used to treat both the inner and outer labia. As a general rule the outer labia seems to shrink and show more significant improvement than the inner labia, but both are usually improved just to different degrees.  ThermiVa is as advertised- a quick treatment 30-45 minuets, done without pain or discomfort in almost all patients (so no anesthesia needed), no downtime (leave the office and go back to all activities) and in the two years I have been doing this no adverse side effects, or problems with my patients or any other Physicians I have talked with.  It is the one procedure I know will give me good results without problems.

Success of ThermiVa

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Successful! Also depends on your goals...

Hi concerned1234!

Thank you for your question and interest in ThermiVa. A typical treatment will treat the inside of the vagina for about 20 minutes and the outer/inner labia for 10 minutes total. The amount of time per treatment area can be adjusted slightly depending on your specific concern (stress incontinence, painful intercourse etc). We do treat both the inner and outer labia during a treatment session. We have seen that the outer labia (labia majora) respond by plumping up and increasing in fullness. The fullness tends to get better with each treatment. In regards to the inner labia (labia minora) they will tighten very slightly, but if you desire a drastic change in the length or appearance of your labia minora, then you may need to explore the option of labiaplasty. We recommend a series of three treatments spaced 1 month apart for optimal results with 1 follow up treatment per year thereafter. Many patients like to try ThermiVa treatments in addressing the appearance of their labia prior to surgery, as it is more cost effective, without downtime, and pain free! There is minimal, if any, risk associated with the procedure, but it cannot be performed under certain circumstances (active STD, pregnancy, pacemaker etc). I would recommend meeting with a provider familiar/experienced with ThermiVa, so that your specific situation and goals can be discussed.  Best of Luck!

Hi concerned1234!

ThermiVa

ThermiVa does address both the inner and outer labia.  It is done in a series of 3 treatments with the option for further treatments yearly if desired.  It is a procedure that is performed in the office with no downtime.  Specific concerns should be discussed prior to the treatment.

ThermiVa

Will thermiva help inner and outer lips? How often do I have to get it done?

With any cosmetic procedure or surgery, it must be tailored to the individual.  What is the patient's specific complaint?  What is the anatomy?   Thermiva is very safe and we notice changes to the appearance of the labia majora immediately upon completing the procedure.  There is some change to the labia minor but this in not as pronounced.  If the labia minor are elongated surgery might be the only solution. 

Typically three monthly treatments are recommended.  Some patients choose to get a repeat treatment in a year or two. 

Somewhat

ThermiVa has a number of applications, including shrinking of the inner and outer labia.  However, if there are significant cosmetic concerns, surgical repair may be a better option.  Its important to see a gynecologist or plastic surgery skilled in pelvic floor and genital cosmetic surgery for this type of issue, to make sure that you make the best choice.  I will say that in my experience, Thermiva is great for urinary incontinence and vaginal dryness, but I have not seen as impressive results on the outer genitalia.

Somewhat

ThermiVa

Thank you for your great questions about the ThermiVa procedure. The ThermiVa treatments do improve the general appearance of the labia majora and outer lip. There are 3 30-minute procedures done, with one month in between procedures.

ThermiVa

Benefits of ThermiVA

Yes, Thermiva can treat both the labia majora and the labia minora. A series of 3 treatments are performed at one month intervals. No major risks are associated with Thermiva, however, it may be contraindicated in patients with pacemakers, cochlear implants and during pregnancy. Having the procedure performed while nursing is safe. It uses radiofrequency to heat the tissues so it would be potentially possible to create a burn from the heat although you would feel pain before reaching this point. Our team is highly trained and at all times works to have the ultimate patient experience!

Best!

Dr. B

Benefits of ThermiVA

Best!

Dr. B

ThermiVA

Hi and thank you for your question!

Our patients have been thrilled with their thermiVa results. They have report positive improvements/changes in the inner vaginal canal, as well as the outer vaginal labia. For most patients, we are recommending a package of 3 treatments, one month apart and maintenance treatments approximately once per year. Your provider will review your medical history to determine if you are a good candidate and there are no contraindications present.

Dr. Grant Stevens

ThermiVA

Hi and thank you for your question!

Dr. Grant Stevens

ThermiVa has high patient satisfaction rates - #Williamsville NY

ThermiVa is clinically very successful and has garnered HIGH success ratings (>98%) from patients on the RealSelf patient community. A consultation is required to see if you are an appropriate candidate and typically 3 treatments are recommended. It is not uncommon for patients to return after the first procedure and relay that they already feel the benefits of the procedure. 

Dr H Karamanoukian

Dr H Karamanoukian

ThermiVa is Very successful if you have reasonable expectations

While no results can be guaranteed, women are having excellent clinical responses without complications when Thermiva is done by properly trained medical staff.  Three monthly treatments are suggested to start, and more after those of you wish or if needed to reach a plateau.  You'll likely want to retreat with " touch ups" yearly.  The external lips or labia majora, clitoris and internal vaginal canal are treated and those areas are where Thermiva has beneficial effects.  The inner lips or labia minora are typically not treated.  
Hope this helps and best of luck!

Hope this helps and best of luck!