Do I need Rhinoplasty to make my nose thinner? (photos)

On the left is what my nose currently looks like and the right is what I photoshopped it to potentially be. I would like a thinner and more refined nose.

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Refining and thinning nose.

Thinning your nose can be done by osteotomies of your bridge and thinning of the tip by trimming and shaping of the cartilage of your nasal tip with sutures.  An in person examination of your nasal anatomy and detailed discussion with your plastic surgeon about your goals should be done.  Always see a board certified plastic surgeon.  Best wishes.

Rhinoplasty to make my nose thinner

A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish narrowing the bridge with osteotomies, which also narrows the upper lateral cartilages in the midportion of the nose. Suture techniques  and a conservative cartilage removal are required to be performed on the nasal tip cartilages to narrow the tip. Closed rhinoplasty can accomplish narrowing the nose by placement of all the incisions on the inside of the nose. For more information and many examples of narrowing a wide nose with rhinoplasty, please see the link and the video below

Rhinoplasty

Yes, a rhinoplasty can make your nose thinner. My best advice would be for you to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to be assessed in person and discuss. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

It is possible to make your nose a bit thinner with rhinoplasty.  You need to be seen in person to be properly assessed.

Possible rhinoplasty candidate

I think you are a wonderful candidate for a rhinoplasty to refine the shape of your nose.  Your photo shop picture should be something that is achievable. I recommend you meet with a plastic surgeon for a consultation to discuss details of what can be done for you specifically.  

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD