My transgender friend is looking to remove his breasts. Is it possible for the fat off his breasts to be added to me?

Thank you for your question.  It is not possible to transfer fat from one individual to another.  Best wishes.

No

This is not something that can be accomplished safely at all.  The fat transfer even if to the donor dies at about a 70% rate.

Unless you are identical twins, no

If you are not identical twins, fat cannot be transplanted between individuals. It is like organ transplantation there is rejection. There are medications to keep rejection in check but the side effects are not justified for fat transplantation.

Michael S. Beckenstein, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

P2P Fat Grafting

Hi breebs555,

Thanks for the post. Unfortunately if the fat from one person is placed into another person, their immune system would reject it.  This is similar to organ transplants. In order to avoid rejection with organ transplants, patients have to take strong medications to suppress their immune systems. These medications often have significant side effects themselves. So for that reason this procedure would not be performed in an elective setting.

Sincerely,
Dr. Dadvand

Babak Dadvand, MD

FAT GRAFTING

Actually it is not a treatment that should be carried out, as fat grafting with the donor being another individual would result in rejection of the donated fat and possible risks of infection.  I therefore recommend considering fat grafting using your own fat or implants where applicable. 

Jaime Caloca, Jr., MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Donating fat to another person

Although this sounds like a good idea, the fat that you receive from another person ( except an identical twin) would be rejected immediately unless you took strong anti-rejection medications for the rest of your life. 

Sheldon Lincenberg, MD