Infection? My drain got pulled out after 14 days. (photo)

It was really sore at the entry way so I was happy it got taken out. 5 days later I riped the tap off and it started to bleed a bit because I must have ripped the scab off. Now it's been about 6 nore days and it looks closed but still feels sore and it's red, I'm sure my pants don't help rubbing against it either. Does this look like it's healed properly? I also just got some fluid drained at the surgeons office 4 days ago because I have a seroma.

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question. Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Post-Op Healing From Tummy Tuck

I do not use drains any more with this procedure and have switched from pain pumps to Exparel  which is a long acting injectable pain medicine like Lidocaine or Marcaine but lasts for three days. This is injected all along the muscle and skin to provide pain relief.   This is termed the Pain-less, Drainless Tummy Tuck. If you go to a doctor who uses #drains, they usually stay in 3-5 days but may be required to remain in longer. If you are f feeling any discomfort or pain from where your drain was removed, and where the bleeding occurred when you removed the tape, the best step to take would be a visit to your plastic surgeon to have the area evaluated for proper healing. Within a few hours following surgery, abdominoplasty patients will walk in a slightly bent-over position. Strenuous activity and lifting of more than 10 pounds should be avoided for six weeks after surgery. Most patients are able to return to work and daily activities within two weeks of surgery.

Tummy tuck drain removal and infection

Thanks for your question and the photo. The photo is a little small which makes it difficult to assess. I encourage you to give your surgeon's office a call as they will be more than happy to help determine what's exactly going on. Sometime sutures cause irritation along the incision which results in redness as well as soreness. Please contact your physician to discuss.

Robert Sleightholm, MD
Brampton Plastic Surgeon

Infection

Thank you for your question and photograph.The healing process will take time. It is important not to irritate or pick at the site because you may cause damage or infection. It is hard to tell from the photo if there is any infection or not, that’s why it is very important to consult with your doctor so he can examine it and get you on medication if you need it. Signs for you to look out for with infection would be fever, redness of the area, the area is hot to touch, unusual discharge or a foul odor. I would apply mupirocin ointment to the area 4 times a day daily to prevent infection from occurring. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your recovery!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon