4 months PO. Revision wanted. Any suggestions? (photos)

My TT, Lipo, BA & BL was Feb 23/16. I want the fat over the scar ends gone as well as the large flanks. This was included in my surgery. Do I expect to be charged to have this fixed? I see my PS on July 25th. What should I expect to hear?

Revision Surgery?

Your #results from your #mommymakeover look great so far!  I normally recommend my patients wait until a year after surgery to have any #revisions as your #scar is still settling into its final shape and appearance.
Discuss this in person with your #boardcertified plastic surgeon.

4 months post op

I don't know what you discussed with your surgeon prior to surgery (or what you looked like before) or what areas were liposuctioned. It looks like the hip area at the end of your scars is still full but your flanks look nice. Please talk with your surgeon and verify what was included in your surgery. Reviewing your before photos with the photos you will most likely get that day may help too give you a reference point. If you still feel like improvement can be made it is worth discussing with your doctor. 

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Revision 4mos post op

Hello and thank you for your question and photos. It appears from your photos that you are healing quite nicely with an overall pleasing result. You should have received a specific financial quote prior to your surgery that broke down each specific procedure and the cost for each. If it was included in your cost and it wasn't performed, then you should have that owed to you. However, you might still be responsible for an anesthesia and facility cost it the procedure is not performed in the office. Either way, don't feel shy about asking. Your satisfaction should be top priority! Best of luck to you!

Michael K. Obeng, MD, FACS

Mommy make-over - will I be charged for the revision?

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over revision.
  • Your photo shows a nice result with a little excess fat over the scars.
  • It looks as though you had a flank liposuction already.
  • But if you want a revision, you and your surgeon first need to agree exactly what to do.
  • And every surgeon has a different policy on charging for revisions.
  • It may be anything from a full fee to free.
  • Most surgeons will at least charge enough to cover their overhead -
  • But the only way to know your surgeon's policy is to ask his staff.
  • And they may not be able to tell you until he sees you in person.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS