My chin is too far to my right. It is not placed in alignment to the middle of my face. What can I do to fix it?

Therefore, one side of my jaw stretches farther than the other, making my face really asymmetrical. What can I do to fix this?

Jaw Asymmetry

The first place to start is to make a complete diagnosis with a 3D CT scan. Whether just the chin bone needs to be moved or combined with a jaw implant on the shorter side remains to be determined. The 3D CT scan will make that clear.

Asymmetric chin

Without photos it's difficult to provide individual advice, but there are several procedures available to treat asymmetry of the lower face. These range from custom chin implants to sliding genioplasty to orthognathic surgery. Dermal fillers are also an option to treat or camouflage soft tissue asymmetry.

I recommend scheduling a consultation with a board-certified surgeon so that a thorough exam can be performed and your goals can be discussed. Good luck! 

Justin Cohen, MD
Washington DC Otolaryngologist