How much is a hair transplant? (photo)

Cost Varies for Each Patient

There are several factors involved in estimating the cost of a hair transplant. The technique used, the surgeon's experience and training, the texture of the hair, and the scalp area all matter when calculating the cost. Hair transplant procedures are charged per graft. Because of the numerous factors, the cost can vary quite a bit from patient to patient, running anywhere between $5,000 and $15,000. I recommend consulting with at least 2 experienced hair restoration specialists to get a comparison. Good luck.

Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Cost will vary

Hair Transplant can be one of the most rewarding procedures for both men and women. The procedure from start to finish is not simply a financial investment in yourself, but also an investment in time. Full cycle growth from the initial hair transplant procedure to fullness of growth takes 9 months to 1 year, so choosing a hair restoration specialist the first time around is absolutely essential, otherwise your journey to thicker and fuller hair could take more than a few years    We offer discreet and personal consultations in order to go over the details of the process with you and establish the best course of action for treating your hair loss. During this complimentary consultation, a tailored and personalized quote will be given. The average amount of hair grafting needed is typically between 500 -2500 grafts (1 graft holds 1-4 hairs) and can cost anywhere from $4-$6 per graft. I hope this helps.

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

How uch does a hair transplant cost?

The cost of a hair transplant depends on your particular hair characteristics, the method of removal as well as other factors that influence the amount of grafting needed. Our transplant pricing is on our website at to show the range. For your actual cost, you would have to be seen in some type of consultation (in person or virtual) to determine your particular needs.

Dow Stough, MD
Hot Springs National Park Dermatologic Surgeon

The cost of a hair transplant depends on the grafts received, doctor, the type of harvesting method

The cost of a hair transplant depends on the grafts received, doctor, the type of harvesting method. You need to start with seeing a doctor for a consultation.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Cost of hair transplant.

The investment in a transplant depends on several things.  First, What your expectations and goals are for restoring your hair. For example, are you concerned with the front only as a priority? Where the hairline is placed, are you interested in density with the current hairline or wishing to work in bald areas? How quickly you'd like to achieve the goals? Are you are interested in FUT or FUE procedure? Will multiple sittings be required?  
I recommend you visit with a doctor and discuss your goals to identify the cost.

Craig Barbieri, MD
Overland Park Phlebologist

Costs of hair transplants

The cost of a hair transplant usually depends upon how many grafts you need. From the photo you supplied, I can not tell you exactly the cost but you can see a doctor and find out locally.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon