How long do I have to wait?

How long do I have to wait to get fillers in my nose after rhinoplasty? I got my nose done 10 days ago and my nose has a slope and tip is very up turned. I know it's still in the healing process and swollen but i don't even want to Leave my house because I feel like a freak show! Thanks in advance!

How long do I have to wait?

It is very early in the post op period. The slope and upturn will resolve with time. Discuss your concerns with your surgeon. I would not recommend fillers for at least a few months.

Fillers after rhinoplasty

After 10 days, you can expect to have a lot of swelling and the nose will change as the swelling goes down.  There is a lot of wound healing going on and injecting the nose with a filler may affect the healing process; as such, I would not recommend it at this time.  I do recommend that you follow up with your surgeon and discuss your concerns with him/her.

Sunny Park, MD, MPH
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty off and need fillers?

Hi Emela,

Thanks for your question. Photos would certainly help in your assessment. I would not advice for a fillers for at least 6 months and perhaps even only at a 1 year. Discuss your concerns with your surgeon as they know what was done exactly. Remember that it is super early in your healing process. Be patient.

Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS
@rhinoplasty @edema @docmata #drcarlosmata

How long do I have to wait?

Hello emela,
You are early after rhinoplasty.  Patience is best.
Speak with your surgeon as they may want to offer steroids and taping to reduce swelling to better position the nose.
Noses take a year to heal so it is too early to freak out about things.
Good luck,
Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Filler into Nose

It really isn't advisable to do such a thing so early after rhinoplasty. You do not provide photos, so no comment can be made about your appearance. 

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

How long do I have to wait?

At just 10 days post rhinoplasty, it is much too early to judge the final result and the shape of your nose may change substantially in the coming weeks and months.  In most cases I would not suggest having injectable fillers placed in the nose until 6 to 12 months following a rhinoplasty.  Discuss your concerns with your surgeon.  They will be the best one to help guide you and allay some of your concerns.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Fillers

Thank you for the question and you are too early post op to judge your final result so try to be patient but express your concerns to your surgeon.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Rhinoplasty Results and the Possibility of Fillers

Thank you for your question about recovery from rhinoplasty.

Wait at least 12 months before realizing the results of your rhinoplasty.

For specific questions like this and about your recovery, it is generally best to speak with your doctor or doctor’s representative – such as his or her nurse, or the physician on call for the practice.

You will likely get many different opinions from members of the RealSelf Community, but they have not physically seen or examined you, and nobody knows you or the circumstances better than your doctor.

If you feel you are not being listened to or you are doubting your doctor’s recommendations, then it is certainly within your rights to seek a second and get the advice from another board certified physician. This should be done through an in-person consultation.

Obviously, if you think that you are having a medical emergency or other serious problem, you should call 911 and/or go to your nearest emergency room.

Best Wishes.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

10 days after rhinoplasty and unhappy with nose, when can I start using filler?

At 10 days you are experiencing swelling and without pictures I cannot fully assess your concerns.

Generally speaking, I would return to my surgeom to discuss these issues..

There are no set rules for filler use.  Some doctors are experienced and some are not . 

Most who do use filler would like to wait an appropriate amount of time for swelling to subside.

My fillet of choice in the nose is Voluma.  But this is preference, Juvederm or Restylane work well . Retreatments are necessary.

Ernest Robinson, MD
Aliso Viejo Facial Plastic Surgeon