Do I need a breast lift, in addition to a breast augmentation if I get "gummy bear" implants? (photos)

I'm kind of worried about scarring. I am going to be 26 years old in August, and I am getting married in January. I have 0 kids, but had lost a significant amount of weight about 6-7 years ago...This left my boobs looking droopy. I am currently a 38B/36C. I hope to move up in size to a full D (if recommended). I currently weigh 167lbs and I am 5'6". I want my breast to be perkier, fuller, more even in size, and just as good looking without a bra (if desired). To achieve this, do I need to do a lift in addition to the implants?

Lift

I would recommend a lift due to your asymmetry.  This will also make your areolas a bit smaller if you desire.  You can do this with an implant for more volume, but you will need to be conservative with the implant size.  Best wishes, Dr. T

Yes, you definitely need an uplift of both breast to achieve an attractive shape to your breast. You will have scars, as you suggested, but the vast majority of patients think achieving a beautiful shaped breast with scars is better than breast that sag with the nipples pointing downward. Plus, in most patients the scars are fairly inconspicuous after they have matured, which takes 6 to 12 months. There should be no "stitch marks"in any scar. The asymmetry in your breast would also be corrected with an uplift (mastopexy). You may elect to have breast implants at the same time, but to answer your question, even the gummy bear implants will not correct your sagging. To achieve a natural looking attractive breast shape, I suggest the mastopexy with a small breast implant. Thank you for your question and photos, and I wish you the best of luck.

Breast lift with augmentation

You would most likely get the best result with a full breast lift with breast augmentation but you need to be see in person to determine that. Please seek an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. Be sure to express your goals and expectations to your chosen surgeon. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Good luck!

Dean Vistnes
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area
#realself #drdeanvistnes #breastlift #breastaugmentation

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift + augmentation

After reviewing your pictures and explanation of your desired results, most likely a breast lift plus implants will give you the results you are looking for. You should consult in person with a board certified plastic surgeon who can examine your breasts and give you the best recommendations. I think you will be very happy with the results of a lift + implants. All of the patients I have treated in their mid-20s are so happy after surgery. Good luck!

Jimmy S. Firouz, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation and lift candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I realize that you have very sagging and small breasts. In this regard, you need volume (implants) and projection (the lift): Breast Augmentation w/Breast Lift.
I recommend you to use microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection, and 550ml will be excelent on you, to fill the breasts properly.
Finally, to perform the breast lift I recommend a Periareolar Round Block Breast Lift ("Benelli mastopexy"), which has an unnoticed scar around the areola, and if we see (in the surgery) that we can't obtain adecuate projection just with the Benelli Lift, we have to perform a "Lollipop breast lift".
Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Do I need a breast lift, in addition to a breast augmentation if I get "gummy bear" implants

I think that with your list of what you desire that an implant alone will not get you there. Whether the implant is a gummy bear or not, you will need a breast lift to fulfill your wish list.

Julio Garcia, MD

Lift?

The short answer is "yes, absolutely". As you have noted the trade-off you make is scars. But your choices are the breasts you have with no scars or the shape/size/position/symmetry you want but with scars.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Breast Lift with Implants

Based on just viewing your photos, I would advise you to get a lift along with the implants. Your right side is lower then your left, but in order to have a more perky end result, I would recommend a bilateral lift. This would move the nipple back to the center of the breasts. Otherwise, the weight of the implants will just drag the breasts down more.

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift and implant

If you want perky breasts you definitely need a lift in addition to the augmentation. Your right nipple is especially low and if you do not have a lift on the right I feel you would have a very unacceptable result. I would get bilateral aug/lift to resize and reshape both breasts. Find a surgeon who does a lot of this work. Good luck.