Possible that my vagina will stay numb, even after vaginoplasty?

Not sure why Im feeling so little during intercourse, and Im afraid to spend a lot of money ending up with a tight vagina but still dont feel anything.. Is there anyways to test my nerves or something so I can get a clue what my outcome will feel like?

Numbness and lack of adequate sensation with sex are two different things.

If you have true numbness and lack all sensation to pain, temperature, pressure, then you have a nerve problem. If you don't then you have a vaginal laxity problem. Schedule a consultation with any gynecologist to have the vaginal sensation checked.

Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation

Thank you for your time. I recommend a consultation in order to receive detailed information. Seek out a specialist in vaginal cosmetic surgery who can provide patients with a more rejuvenated feeling and better sexual experience through vaginal surgery. 

Sexual wellbeing is important to a happy, well balanced life. In addition to physical pleasure, sex strengthens emotional bonds between partners, and adds excitement to life.

One of the most common complaints gynecologists hear from their patients experiencing vaginal relaxation is that “sex isn’t the same”. Women say they feel “loose” and have very little sensation.

Now there is a safe, quick, and effective way to treat vaginal relaxation. Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation® (LVR®) is a 1-hour outpatient surgical procedure that restores vaginal muscle tone, strength, and control. It will also effectively decrease the internal and external vaginal diameters as well as build up the perineal body. Sexual gratification for the female is directly related to the amount of frictional forces generated according to Masters and Johnson. We can accomplish this with laser vaginal rejuvenation. 

Will Vaginoplasty work for me?

Hello Annabelle,

Thank you for your great question. You should have a consultation with a reconstructive and cosmetic vaginal surgeon who will do a thorough examination and sit down with you to discuss at length your situation. Only then will you get answers to apply to your circumstances. 

See link below for information on this subspecialty and read real women reviews on their experiences.

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Aguirre Specialty Care - Pelvic Surgery & Intimate Aesthetics®

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Denver Urogynecologist

I'm not feeling anything during intercourse-- what to do??!

Hello Annabelle,

It is definitely possible to perform careful pelvic floor testing/evaluation including "nerve testing" as well as visual observation and manual and mechanical testing of vaginal and pelvic floor testing. Our office in Davis CA is able to do all this, or, if you can find a bone fide cosmetic gynecologist WHO SPECIALIZES IN VAGINAL TIGHTENING OPERATIONS to test you. You will need an in-person evaluation.

The weblink below, as well as several othe3r blogs and essays on the site will help!

Michael P Goodman, MD

Davis, CA, USA 

Possible Numbness Remaining After Surgery

The intended results of cosmetic labia and vaginal surgery are to create a youthful appearance and enhanced erotic sensation. These treatments can remove physical and psychological discomfort.

The specific risks and suitability of these procedures for each individual can be determined only at the time of consultation.  All surgical procedures have some degree of risk.  Minor complications that do not affect the outcome occur occasionally.  Major complications are rare. These can include infection, bleeding, (hematoma), separation of the incision, changes in sensation , pain, increased sensitivity, unsatisfactory cosmetic results.  Any concerns of infection, new pain, swelling, bleeding, drainage should immediately be addressed by the doctor.