I'm 14 days post op and just wondering if these scars look fine or if I should be concerned? (Photo)

Many patients are not aware of this but scars can take up to one year from surgery to fully heal. Based on your photos you seem to be healing well at this point in your recovery. If you are questioning your healing or any post-operative care please be sure to reach out to your surgeon to discuss. Good luck!  

Morristown Plastic Surgeon

BA Scars Options

Congratulations on your recent procedure! You look to be healing just fine but you'll also have to keep in mind that while your breasts will take about 3 months to fully heal, scars generally take a minimum of 6 months to a year to fully heal.  Later down the line you may want to look into scar treatment options such as SkinMedica's Scar Recovery Gel. It's best to check with your surgeon regarding any post surgical concerns you may experience. Good luck and congratulations again!

Scar Healing

It will take up to 18 months or longer for scars to fully mature. From your pictures, you look to be healing well, but whenever there is a post operative question, be sure to ask your surgeon first.  

Hello, everything looks ok overall. I would expect you to heal normally and I dont think you are at any significant risk for increased scarring based on this picture at this time point. Good Luck.

On the right track

Thank you for your question. Your incisions look to be healing very nicely at 14 days. It would appear that your surgeon used an adhesive like Dermabond on the incision to make it water proof. This is a sealant like superglue. You can expect that to begin peeling off as time goes by. As time goes by your scar will lighten. It will never disappear completely, but I'm sure you will be pleased with the results.

Good luck and congratulations on your new look!!

Dr. Morrissey

Appearance of incisions 14 days after surgery

From the pictures you sent it appears that the incisions are healing normally. It looks like they used a medical grade adhesive to cover the incision. Check with your plastic surgeon as to when to start to remove that and any concerns you have.

Paul W. Loewenstein, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

Healing OK

You are healing OK.
No need to be concerned.
Your scars will continue to mature and improve over time.

Incision Healing

I recommend that you ensure your incisions are kept clean and let your Plastic Surgeon know of any concerning changes. You are early in recovery and appear to be healing well so far.

All the best

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Healing

Thank you for your question. You are still very early in the post-operative period. The incisions appear to be healing appropriately at this time. Please discuss your concerns with your board certified plastic surgeon. Also, make sure you follow all of your plastic surgeons post-operative instructions regarding level of physical activity and use of a support bra. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.