Is this opening from my breast lift with implants necrosis or is it normal after just having spitting sutures removed? (Photos)

I had full anchor lift with 430cc saline implants placed submuscular 4 weeks ago I noticed small opening at 3 weeks post op and it's progressively gotten worse from there. My doctor has me taking doxycycline and applying bismuth powder twice daily to the wound he just removed some spitting sutures yesterday now the hole is alot larger and deeper I'm just concerned it's going to continue to enlarge my main concern is i don't want it to become necrotic any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Wait for some time

The final appearance, shape, and movement are not exactly the same as normal breasts. The surgically enlarged breasts do not move in the same way as normal breasts. They tend to be firmer. The contours are usually somewhat different than normal breasts. In some patients these discrepancies may be rather noticeable. Although every effort is made to place the implants symmetrically, complete symmetry is rarely achieved. Immediately after surgery, the breasts are swollen and firmer. The final shape and size is approximated after 2 to 3 months, but up to one year may be required for the end result.

Is this opening from my breast lift with implants necrosis or is it normal after just having spitting sutures removed?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well…
I have to say that you are still early on healing process, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, feel swollen and also have bruises and open wounds, it is normal and that can happen Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Persistent Open Wound

Wounds that don't heal are usually either infected, necrotic, or both. Doxycycline is not the first line of defense against a very common pathogen, MRSA.  Bismuth salts is not the standard for wound care. You should encourage your surgeon to refer you to an infectious disease specialist and begin saline wet to dry dressings three times per day. 

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Open area on incision

Hello, thank you for your recent photos and question!  You should keep the area clean with warm soapy water twice a day and apply bacitracin.  If the area becomes red, has discharge, painful or you get a fever contact your surgeon.  If you do all directions listed above and no change, then contact your surgeon as well.  Best of luck!

Wound on stitch line following breast lift

I understand your concern about the breast scar wound. I would follow what your surgeon has already mentioned and you should heal up well. The main issue here is the implant. As long as the implant is safely covered by tissue, things should be fine.

Wound can sometimes splint open, but this is typically only at the top layers of the skin.

Conventional dressings and would care should help you to heal up soon.

Sanjay Azad, MS, FRCSEd
Thunder Bay Plastic Surgeon