How much would it cost to match the left tip of my nose to the right side? (photo)

The indent is deeper and the tip is larger on the right side of my face, along with other inequalities, but this is my major concern.

How much would it cost to match the left tip of my nose to the right side?

In cases of asymmetry, reduction of one cartilaginous component and or suture reshaping of the cartilage may be an adequate treatment.  The cost for the procedure will vary with the demand for the surgeon.

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photographs.

I recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty to have a nasal examination performed and a review of your medical history to see if you are a good candidate for rhinoplasty. In regards to the cost, it varies based on surgeon and location. I can tell you that the RealSelf average cost for a rhinoplasty is between $7,000-$8,000. Best of luck in your endeavors.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Correcting Nasal Tip Asymmetry

It would be very helpful to see a full set of nasal pictures as described on my website. With these pictures we could determine if a limited rhinoplasty just changing the tip would satisfy your goals or if a full rhinoplasty would be necessary so you achieve a balanced, proportional, natural result.

How much would it cost to match the lift tip of my nose to the right side?

To match the left side of the nose with the right side requires a rhinoplasty procedure. The cost of a rhinoplasty is directly determined by the amount of time it takes to perform the procedure in a formal operating room, time under anesthesia, and the surgeon's professional fee for performing the rhinoplasty in addition all the follow-up appointments. Indentations are usually treated with cartilage grafts which have to be harvested from the back of the nose. For more information, our current price list  and many before and after rhinoplasty examples, please see the link and the video below

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cost varies based on geographic region and surgeon expertise.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Nasal tip asymmetry

Thank you for the question and photo.  The easiest way to address the asymmetry is by using dermal filler.  The cost and recovery of doing so would be the least compared to a tip rhinoplasty.  A tip rhinoplasty would, however, be the more permanent way of addressing the asymmetry.  In the long run which method you choose will depend on your reference.  It may not be a bad idea to start with the dermal filler (non-surgical rhinoplasty) and then you can decide if you would like to pursue a definitive tip rhinoplasty or full rhinoplasty in the future.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

This is a great question. Typically a rhinoplasty has a specific charge whether it is just tip work or is more extensive. This is because both require full exposure of the nose and each nose is different. There is a broad range of costs for rhinoplasty which is surgeon dependent. If you do choose to undergo a procedure , be sure to see a surgeon who is extensively trained in rhinoplasty itself. It is the most challenging of all plastic surgeries so be sure to do your research first. Hope that helps!

Jeffrey Watson, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon