I Have Two Bulges on my Top Lip Either Side of my Cupids Bow

scar tissue formed leaving raised area,will steroid injections work for me please help.

Doctor Answers 3

Scar treatment

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Scars are best treated as soon as possible.  Treatment options include, but are not limited to, steroid injections, silicone sheeting, Scarguard, massage, and resurfacing.  The older a scar is, the less likely it is to respond to non-surgical treatments.  I recommend that you see a facial plastic surgeon to evaluate the scar in person.

Scars can be improved with time, steroid injections, dermabrasion or scar revision

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It was difficult to assess your concerns using the attached photo. However, I will say that there are many options to improve scars including time (maturation of scar tissue up to 1 year), steroid injections, dermabrasion or scar revision. I recommend seeing a facial plastic surgeon for consultation.

Best wishes.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Steroid injection for scar tissue

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Since you have scars on the lips, I would suggest you visit a cosmetic surgeon familiar with scar revision. Steroid injections may help but they carry some risk as well. Other options may be surgical.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.