My stitches didn't come out, some little holes. (photos)

I got labioplasty 3weeks ago. My doctor used some purple suture/stiches. Today i saw some stiches come out from my skin and also some little "hole" Isnt looking normal for me.Will it heal? Stiches will dissolve? Its normal those to come out fromy skin ?And the little "Dots" I also have Separated Labia from week 1 and all look bad now .My doctor was cut the long suture and let them dissolve on its own.Sorry for my English and long "story"

Labiaplasty x 3 weeks ago

Thanks for sharing.  It is very difficult to assess the situation based upon the photos you have sent.  I can not quite see the angle you can see and I can not see where the holes.   I think the best advise is to sit back and wait and see what happens over the next 6 weeks to let the edema resolve and the sutures dissolve.  I assumed your surgeon used absorbable sutures but there is not way for me to know.   I agree with Dr Goodman response written prior.  
John R Miklos MD

"Purple sutures" and labiaplasty problems...

"Purple" sutures are either dyed 4-0 Vicryl or more rarely PDS. In my opinion, although Vicryl is fine for tissue approximation deep down, it should not be utilized close to the skin (every "deep" or superficial suture in labiaplasty IS close to the skin!) Vicryl, especially dyed vicryl, and especially 4-0 or larger Vicryl has a tendency to "spit out" if placed sub-Q, and seems to take FOREVER to dissolve if used through the skin. In my opinion, even though it's difficult to work with, a small-caliber monofiliment suture like 5-0 Monocryl is good for deep down in LP repair, with either a 5/6-0 Monocryl sub-cuticular, or a 5-0 Vicryl Rapide sub-cuticular or "through & through" for the skin.
See your surgeon for advice: only he/she knows what material was used, and can counsel you. However-- looks like you've"spit out" sutures. You will need to wait until at least 3-4 months post-op for complete healing, and 6 months for the tissue to be in a state where a careful revision will "hold." Give it time to heal and then evaluate...
Michael P Goodman, MDDavis, CA, USA

Suture issues after labiaplasty

The angle from which your photos were taken doesn't give a full view of the scars. Sutures dissolve by a process which sometimes causes irritation and inflammation of the skin. "Purple" sutures are usually made of a reactive material that is prone to more irritation than other sutures and are not usually intended to be used too close to the skin. Keep the area clean and avoid pressure there. Time will tell what your result will look like.

My stitches didn't come out, some little holes.

Thank you for your question and photographs.  I agree that you appear to be having some incision issues with suture material being visible and thickening of the scars.  Because your surgeon is in the best position to treat this as they know the details of your procedure I would recommend seeing them for an in-person examination.  Best wishes.