Minoxidil 5%: How do I use 1-month post op Fue? (Photos)

Hello. I had HT in Turkey, on July 11. 3360 grafts, on vertex, mid and front. I am 24 years old.The grafts started shedding after about a week,and that's not the problem that bothers me..the problem is that there is a place on my hairline that looks worse than before, and I thought its shock loss, but its only there, not in other places, just on the right side. I had a lot of hair there before the HT,and now its so bald..both transplanted and native hair gone there..I am concerned for the native hair.??

Hair loss after FUE

It sounds like you had shock loss, something that is very common in 24 year old men who are not on the drug finasteride

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

It is best to ask your surgeon about post operative care as each doctor has their unique regimen. Most doctors do not

It is best to ask your surgeon about post operative care as each doctor has their unique regimen.  Doctors do not always recommend minoxidil.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Minoxidil after a hair surgery

As your hair loss is progressive you should start using Minoxodil unless your hair surgeon recommends something else.I advice my patients to start Minoxidil 3 weeks after their hair surgery

Ilker Apaydin, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon