I have a really big nose with hump and also difficulties with breathing. Septoplasty or Rhinoplasty?

Hello! My question is can i do first just the septoplasy or it is better to do them both. I know septoplasty is not cosmetical but I have read that sometimes there are diffrence. What diffrences should i expect?

Septoplasty or Rhinoplasty ?

This is a very good question that everyone with nose surgery should be aware of.  Before having a Septoplasty make sure that you will never in your life want a Rhinoplasty.  Septoplasty and correction of the crooked septum often involves removing and discarding septum cartilage.  Although it may be some what bent, it is still extremely useful as a grafting tool in Rhinoplasty.   Another way to look at is Septoplasty alone is burning bridges for later Rhinoplasty techniques.  In my opinion, it is better to postpone the Septolplasty for now and do  them both together at a later date.  I hope you find this information helpful.  

Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

The best approach would be to have the rhinoplasty and septoplasty performed at the same time. This can easily be done by an experienced nasal surgeon. Good luck.

Warren J. Katz, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and Septoplasty Combined? Yes

Thanks for your question. Personally, it would be best to perform both your rhinoplasty and septoplasty at the same operation. This is commonly done and offers a distinct advantages for patients who desire cosmetic changes to their nose but also suffer with nasal airway obstruction from a deviated nasal septum. Best wishes. 

Fred J. Bressler, MD, FACS
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon