Juvederm or CO2 laser? What's the better treatment option deep scars. What results can I expect? (photos)

Acne scars

There is a number of different modalities to help with acne scars. You will likely do best with Fraxel vs Microneedling with RF. If you are still having issues after a series of treatments the larger scar may need subcision and a small amount of filler.  Find someone who is experienced with dealing with acne scars to go over your options.  Good luck with your treatment. 

Livingston Physician

Scars

I think you will find better results from laser treatments versus fillers.  Be aware that it will likely take more than one treatment for improvement.  Discuss your options with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area, as there are many laser options available.  You may also find gradual improvement with the use of microneedling (Skin Pen).  

Camille Cash, MD

Scars

I would not recommend Juvederm for treating your scars. Lasers would be an excellent treatment. I would recommend following up with a reputable provider for evaluation.

Scar treatments

Dear Ameliyax:

There are a number of different treatment modalities for scars from acne, chicken pox, surgery or trauma.  In my practice, I have found that the type of scars in your photo respond best to #Microneedling with #PRP.  TCA dropped into the scars can help some patients as well.  Juvederm will not help this type of scarring, and CO2 laser can scar or discolor the skin.

All the best,   Dr. Clark

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

Deep acne scar treatment

I have found the best device for acne scars is Infini. I wouldn't use Juvederm for this. Ice pick scars are treated also with TCA cross. Subcision is helpful in some cases too. The filler of choice for acne scars is Bellafill. It is best used for rolling acne scars though.

Steven F. Weiner, MD