Anatomical or Round Shape for my small asymmetrical perky breasts with little tissue? (Photo)

I thought I was adament about 425/450cc anatomical silicone but I read so many doctors opinions against anatomical and I got scared. Is a round implant able to give my small perky asymmetrical breasts a natural shape considering I have little breast tissue on the lower pole? I'm confused since my consultation is happening via e-mail and I'll be deciding on implants on the day of the surgery. I don't want to make a mistake and take anatomical for the wrong reasons. What would you recommend?

Hold up!

Hi there. You surgery is very important and implant size and goals cannot be effectively conveyed via an email consultation. You need tissue-based breast measurements to help determine the best sized implants for YOU. This matter is not a same-day decision in the majority of plastic surgery practices. In fact, in my practice I send patients home with sizers so they can have a "test run" with the size that we have jointly selected. Please be careful. 

Also your wish pics would be more achievable using round implants in a dual-plane approach. Simple and beautiful. Good luck. 

Dr. B

Anatomical vs round implants?

Hello, most of my patients with no sagging will have round gel implants inserted.  This is not to state that anatomical implants are incorrect I have had very good outcomes with round gels.  If you are confused about the pros and cons of these implants I would suggest contacting your plastic surgeon because it is important to have a mutually agreeable plan.

Anatomical or Round Shape for my small asymmetrical perky breasts with little tissue?

Good questions. In my opinion, you are starting a good place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery, regardless of the shape of breast implant utilized. In other words, I think that you will do well with a well executed breast augmentation procedure  utilizing a round or "anatomic" gel breast implants; more important than the type of breast implant utilized in your case will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon and careful communication of your goals.  More directly: yes, round silicone gel breast implants can be utilized to achieve the "natural shape" you are hoping to achieve.  I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes.

Breast augmentation operation is performed in order to increase the size of breast. Size and shape of breasts can often play a critical role in a woman’s self-esteem. Fuller and bigger breasts are often associated with reproducibility therefore it is a desired condition. There are different kinds of breast augmentation operation types. Breast augmentation can be performed either with breast implants or autologous fat transfer. There are also different types of breast implants like teardrop or round implants. These implants also can be placed under or above the muscle. As you can imagine there are several different options for breast augmentation. The best way to understand which one is more suitable for you is to get a physical examination by a plastic surgeon.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon