Is 25 too young for a laser peeling?

I'm a 25 years old female who is currently considering a laser peeling sometime in the future. I don't have visible fine lines yet but I would like to even up the tone of my face and eventually prevent the lines from appearing in the nearest future. I also have dark undereye which bothers me a lot! So my question is: Is 25 too young to undergo such procedure and if not when would the appropriate age be and what type of laser would be appropriate having the fact that I don't have wrinkles yet?!

No such thing as "too young" to take care of your skin!

I don't think it's ever 'too young' to begin a quality skincare program.  In fact, the earlier the better!  As for evening out your tone and wrinkle prevention,  time is certainly on your side.  Therefore, you may be able to accomplish those results with less invasive, less expensive treatments combined with daily skicnare at home.  Consistent use of a prescription exfoliating cream (Tretinoin) and a tone blending cream like Hydroquinone, combined with medium depth chemical peels can make a big impact on your skin (and your wallet) at your age.  

Fractional laser peeling in Los Angeles

We are experts in laser peeling. I would suggest both the fractional laser therapy and Melapeels once monthly. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Is 25 too young for a laser peeling?

Thanks for your query. 25 is the perfect age for chemical peeling as it evens out the skin tone , clears out the pigmentation and brings glow to the skin. Regular sessions will improve your skin texture and quality. Hope it helps.

All The Best

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

Aging Prevention: Consider Peels Versus Lasers -- Try Venus Viva, Clear+Briliant/Fraxel, Microneeding/PRP, Intensif

Viva is great for fine lines and pigmentation, while adding microneedling and prp helps a lot as well. I suggest seeing an expert for a consultation for lasers treatments.  Peels do much less for long term antiaging then lasers. Best, Dr. Emer.

Is 25 Too Young For A Laser Peel

You might be interested to know that biological aging starts right around the tender age of 25! A laser peel could be completely appropriate as a way for you to prevent excess cell buildup and keep your collagen stimulated for the future.
We use Sciton Micro Laser Peel for this purpose which can be tuned up or down.  In your case, it could be adjusted to perform like a strong microdermabrasion  which would entail very little downtime; you would have only a few days of flaky skin. Another excellent treatment is the broad band light (BBL) by Sciton, which keeps the skin strong and "bouncy," and prevents the skin from aging prematurely. Remember to wear a sunscreen of SPF 30 or higher everyday as well.

Fractional devices vs total laser peel.

Without a full assessment, it is hard to say. I would say fractional laser rather than a laser peel. With a laser peel we can certainly tailor it to different depths with different layers. Coming up with a solution for you is the most important aspects, and a full on laser peel might not be the answer.See below for laser peels resurfacing. Davin Lim, Brisbane. Australia.