Jaw and neckline tightening options? (Photo)

I am 52 years of age soon to be 53. I have noticed my skin below my cheekbones has lost some of it's elasticity showing in a looser jawline, droopy outer corners of my mouth and creepy loose skin on my neck under my chin. What is the best long lasting laser treatment at this time for someone my age? Or is Kybella the best option for me? Is the laser treatment priced per area? If so how is it broken down?

Tightening of lower face skin

Hi and thank you for your question! It is difficult to assess from your picture due to the quality and the fact that you are smiling. Kybella is unlikely to help for the problem that you posted. It is indicated for treatment of fullness/fat under the chin area, leaving the lower face laxity unchanged. For sagging, loose skin I suggest a radiofrequency device that is capable of safely heating the deeper layers of the skin in a controlled manner, stimulating collagen and elastin growth. In our office, we use ThermiRF technology to tighten and lift.

New Orleans Dermatologist

Skin Tightening for Jaw Line

Thanks for your question.  We can't tell from your picture if you would be a candidate for KYBELLA.  If you have a pad of submental fat under your chin, that would make you a candidate.

For skin tightening along the jaw line, look for a bulk heating treatment in your area like Pelleve.  We normally recommend a series of treatments depending on your age (1 per decade) scheduled 3-4 weeks apart.  You will see cumulative benefits from each treatment that feels like a gentle warm stone massage.

We recommend finding an experienced physician in your area.  Treatment prices vary by market.

Laura Riehm, MD
Fort Worth Physician