Is this just swelling or did he not lipo enough fat out? (photos)

So I just had my 2nd gynecomastia surgery about a month ago. I went back to the same doctor. Basically now I just feel like my right pec looks larger then my left. How likely is this to just be swelling? I took some pics to see what you guys think. let me know please. My doctor uses the approach with that special instrument where he can lipo out fat then use a special cannula to break and suck the gland out through the same incision. Let me know how likely my right pec will become like my left

Swelling might take a few more weeks to subside. Continue wearing your compression garment and follow up with your surgeon.

Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Swelling for 5-6 months normal

Dear jms245,

Being one month out, you clearly would have swelling. The rule of thumb is as long as you have numbness you have swelling. Typically it takes five to six months for it to completely resolve. In addition, this area is often times prone to have prolonged inflammation or swelling. Sometimes it will require a steroid injection directly into the inflammatory mass under the nipple areola to hasten your recovery.

I hope this has been helpful.

Robert D. Wilcox, MD

Robert D. Wilcox, MD

Swelling after male breast reduction surgery

Things would improve with time.  Take note that swelling can affect one side more than the other; hence, the breasts appear asymmetric.  You should also bear in mind that the skin will need at least six months to redrape fully to the final contour.

I hope that helps and good luck. 

Possible Swelling after Gynecomastia Revision Surgery

Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely. 

Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue.
The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. 
Additionally, your doctor may place tape or foam over the incisions, which can be removed on day 3 or 4, before your first post-op appointment. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.