two years of teeth implant failures and terrible pain is it normal?

5 implants failed 4 times in two years?

Implants do not fail

sorry to hear this, but implants do not fail, the body rejects them, either for a wrong diagnose of procedure or site. thecnique , or protocol, if not done right will be problems sooner or later. some systemic things might or can be involved, you need to check your blood , and also the bone density.
a well experienced doctor, can give you good layout.but yes, implants can be placed sooner or later, it does not matter if they fail. they can be re done.

Multiple implant failures

I am really sorry to hear about your experience.

Dental implant treatment carries with it a very high success rate, this does not mean that we always have successful implants but the chances of multiple failures is very low.

There are however a few causes for failure that need to be explored:

1) Mechanical local factors such as overload of the implants from chewing while they are healing or grinding. 

2) Biological local factors such as poor bone quality at implant site, bacterial infections, inability to maintain a clean environment

3) Systemic factors such as your overall health, smoking habits, cholesterol levels, vitamin D deficiency, autoimmune disease, metabolic diseases etc.

If you had implants placed by a competent surgeon and they fail you need to ask yourself which of these factors are playing a roll, rather the surgeon should be asking and exploring and trying to setup for success.

Hope this helps.

Failure rate for dental Implants

I would not say it is Normal. Good Quality Implants in a healthy individual performed by an experienced surgeon should have less than a 5% failure rate. However, there are always factors that can increase the failure risk, such as smoking and certain medical conditions. That is why before any implant procedure (or any other surgery for that matter), your surgeon should perform a thorough initial examination to asses your base condition, and anticipate (and communicate) any potential risks and plan accordingly. This examination should include a CT scan and might even include some blood tests. I think the person best equipped to tell you why this is happening is your surgeon. He should know what your pre surgery health condition was, and he should be aware of your risk factors. He also knows how your surgery and recovery went. After such failure rate however I understand you want a second opinion. Make sure you choose a surgeon properly trained and with the experience needed to handle your case.