Can ThermiVa help patients with provoked vulvodynia?

Provoked vulvodynia is unexplained vulvar pain upon penetration. It leads to orgasmic difficulty for many.

we recently treated a patient who had a history of chronic pain at the introitus ( vaginal opening) using ThermiVa. After first treatment she did not feel any difference, but after second, noticed some improvement and even was able to have intercourse. We are looking forward to see further improvement after the third tratment. Hope this helps

East Aurora Urogynecologist

Can ThermiVa help with vulvodynia?

With any multifactorial condition , it is best to have a thorough consultation before beginning any new treatment. ThermiVa is noninvasive and has no down time. It would not hurt to set up a consultation with your local board certified plastic surgeon and discuss your options.

Edward E. Dickerson, IV, MD
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

ThermiVa and Results For Vulvodynia

Thermi is likely not going to be a "cure" for this as it is multifactorial and therea re no studies to suggest benefit.  However, I have many patients reporting a better "feeling" , better sensitivity and less pain, and sexual satisfaction with thermiVA.  There really should be no harm in trying.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Thermiva for vulvodynia?

Vulvodynia is multifactorial. What works for one woman may not work for another because their pain may be due to different issues. Submitting to a specific therapy without a thorough evaluation would be tantamount to shotgun therapy and is neither a professional nor effective way to deal with the issue. Additionally, new therapies lack sufficient data at the current time to define the parameters of success or failure at the present time.

ThermiVA and Vulvodynia

Thanks for your question. As the cause of vulvodynia is unknown, it will be difficult to say whether ThermiVA, a stimulator of tissue regeneration, would be helpful bit it would certainly be safe to try. I would suggest in this instance that it be combined with the O shot (platelet rich plasma injection), a procedure we call Thermi-O. Adding the PRP will assist in repairing the neural cell dysfunction (abnormal nerve firing/sensitivity) and orgastick dusfunction.

Lisa Vuich, MD

Lisa Vuich, MD
Nashua Physician

ThermiVa and vulvadynia

There are many causes for vulvadynia. I would recommend a good physical exam first. I have treated a few patients with ThermiVa who have had a positive result after just one treatment. But its important to rule out infections or anatomical concerns

Haydee Docasar, MD
Henderson OB/GYN