Prominent blue vein under eye. (photo)

I have a prominent blue vein under my eye. I've had it for as long as I can remember. Are there any treatments to fix this?

Prominent veins under eyes

There are a couple of options. Sclerotherapy can be used although there is some risk involved with vision. The other is to cauterize the vein or treat with radio frequency ablation. Either of those are relatively safe but has a several week healing time.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Vein beneath the eye

I agree with Dr. Landi.  Someone experienced with facial sclerotherapy will give you the best results, and is usually sufficient.  Having fine needle RF is a good option.I find IPL does not do as well for these larger veins, and lasers risk burns, require a lot of energy for larger veins.Good luck.

Scott Powell, MD
Denton General Surgeon

Under eye blue veins.

The vein that you posted is easily treated by either sclerotherapy, topical laser, IPL or fine needle RF.  I usually use a combination of sclerotherapy and fine needle RF with excellent results.  Sometimes more than one treatment is necessary.

John Landi, MD
Naples General Surgeon